This Team Needs Energy

Camden_yardbird

I think when a team isn't hitting, it appears they lack energy and enthusiasm.

That's just the way it is. I don't think its real.

I haven't seen a lack of effort on defense, for example. A lack of ability, at least in the outfield, but not a lack of effort.

Word has it that in the greenies friendly past the clubhouses would have a pot of regular coffee and a pot laced with amphetamines. The latter was referred to as "leaded".

Got it. I thought you were comparing caffeinated coffee to the strength of amphetamines. Of course, I'm not shocked by much any longer. I told my Dad about Aaron's admission and he was speechless. People don't like to see their heroes as flawed.

Up until a couple of weeks ago Schoop played every inning of every game. I'm not sure what Buck is thinking. In my opinion Flaherty plays fairly well at every position in the infield. But he almost never leaves the bench. I know he can't hit but I don't think it would hurt the O's to start him at every infield position over a two week span.

This is a very valid point. As far as I can remember, Bauer and Weaver never ran his players as hard as Showalter does. It's too much. Flaherty is a good enough player to give Manny, Hardy, or Schoop a break now and then. Trumbo could have been rested. Why Buck cares so much about resting the back end of the BP but not his position players is a mystery to me and a major problem. Unfortunately it's too late now to do much about it.

This is a very valid point. As far as I can remember, Bauer and Weaver never ran his players as hard as Showalter does. It's too much. Flaherty is a good enough player to give Manny, Hardy, or Schoop a break now and then. Trumbo could have been rested. Why Buck cares so much about resting the back end of the BP but not his everyday starters is a mystery to me and a major problem. Unfortunately it's too late now to do much about it.

Especially when Machado and Schoop have both had fairly significant leg injuries.

Archived