Disheartening quote from Duquette in this article

miggyfan

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duquette's quote about their being no fielders on the other side of the fence is of course true. He just needs to extend that line of thinking ever so slightly to something he used to know - "there's also nothing any fielder can do about a hitter who takes ball four". If he can add a few guys who get on base with some regularity to go with the power - then we'll be in business.

How about "If the opposing team doesn't put any infielders on the left side, try to hit it in that direction"?

Let's see, Fangraphs had him at 3 Defensive Runs Saved (DRS) in 2014 and 4 DRS in 2015 so obviously they don't have any bias against him.

He was at -10 this year.

Baseball reference had him at .8 dWAR in 2014-2015.

He was at -.6 this year.

He had a bad year in the field.

And no I am not going to go hunt down balls falling in front or behind him.

wonder what injuries may have had to do with that?

That is not correct.

The owners of the Orioles and Nationals own MASN.

That is not the same thing at all.

Corporations are people according to the Supreme Court. The Orioles organization is a person and owns MASN along with the Nationals. Pretty silly, but true. I would think MASN and the Orioles were a package deal.

Corporations are people according to the Supreme Court. The Orioles organization is a person and owns MASN along with the Nationals. Pretty silly, but true. I would think MASN and the Orioles were a package deal.

Eh, maybe they're not? Either way, I can't imagine that the Orioles would be sold without MASN being part of the deal.

Eh, maybe they're not? Either way, I can't imagine that the Orioles would be sold without MASN being part of the deal.

Okay, so I guess a professional sports team is a Corporation, so they are a person by law.

You are way out there. And wrong. That's not the way this works. The Orioles can be sold and the Owners of the Orioles still own the rights to the Orioles and Nationals broadcasts at a very favorable level. The Owners of the Nationals would still own a very minority stake in that business.

It's irrelevant. The Orioles do not own MASN. The ownership group of the two teams own MASN. If the Orioles owned MASN than MASN profits would be subject to profit sharing.

Yeah Citizens United does not go near that flyer.

Archived