How much would you be willing to pay for MASN al la carte

atomic

I am cutting the cord this year. Haven't figured out how I am going to watch the Orioles yet. Even with cable is a problem for home games, because I hear the roar of the crowd before I see what happened. I might just listen to home games on the radio if I am going to be home rather than deal with the increased delay caused by unscrupulous streaming options.

You caan get Comcast no/hd basic cable, and ask them to include online streaming. i get the MASn channels in HD/near HD online that way for $40 a Month. You aren't going to find a better deal then that unless you want to get mlb.tv. Which are blacked out until 12:30 am in the O's region.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You caan get Comcast no/hd basic cable, and ask them to include online streaming. i get the MASn channels in HD/near HD online that way for $40 a Month. You aren't going to find a better deal then that unless you want to get mlb.tv. Which are blacked out until 12:30 am in the O's region.

Hmm, I don't see that plan. I see the 10 channel plan for $40 (with 25 Mbps internet) and the 40 channel plan for $50 (with either Showtime or HBO and 100 Mbps internet). I will probably go for the $50 plan. Neither of those plans include MASN. The cheapest plan I see with MASN is $80 (which is the one that I currently have). It could be different where you are.

Hmm, I don't see that plan. I see the 10 channel plan for $40 (with 25 Mbps internet) and the 40 channel plan for $50 (with either Showtime or HBO and 100 Mbps internet). I will probably go for the $50 plan. Neither of those plans include MASN. The cheapest plan I see with MASN is $80 (which is the one that I currently have). It could be different where you are.

Go into chat and ask for a streaming option and negotiate with them. You'll eventually get something pretty close to my deal.

To people in market:

Here's how you watch. Buy the MLB.tv package, and download the hola extension (free) on chrome. That's it.

You can also use unblock-us, but its 5 bucks a month.

For the guy in NY: buy the MLB.tv package, and enjoy. You'll be blacked out during Yankee games, but use the hola free VPN.

Lastly, for those of you that simply must watch on your TV, I would suggest chromecast. Its cheap and works well. You can also use this for the NFL package.

Living in Connecticut, I am only able to see the Orioles when they play Yankees and Sox unless they are on MLB or ESPN. I would gladly pay $10-15 a month to have MASN.

$15 for 6 months is just about the mlb.tv subscription price of 100. Its worth it.

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, POR said:

Looks like the two MASN team and the Dodgers are the only teams without in market streaming deals.

http://awfulannouncing.com/local-networks/rob-manfred-says-market-streaming-deals-close-three-mlb-teams.html

Hard to fathom the O's being behind the technology curve.  They were just about the last to offer HD as well right?

On 11/16/2016 at 7:43 AM, McNulty said:

To people in market:

Here's how you watch. Buy the MLB.tv package, and download the hola extension (free) on chrome. That's it.

You can also use unblock-us, but its 5 bucks a month.

]For the guy in NY: buy the MLB.tv package, and enjoy. You'll be blacked out during Yankee games, but use the hola free VPN.

Lastly, for those of you that simply must watch on your TV, I would suggest chromecast. Its cheap and works well. You can also use this for the NFL package.

o

I'm already blocked out of Yankee games on my television anyway, because the YES network had a feud with my cable company (Comcast) prior to the 2015 season, and they took away the network from any of our packages.

However, I watch any games that I want to on my computer for free. If there is a way to watch my computer on my television set, I would love to know about it. I asked my cable company if they offered a way to do that, and they did not.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hard to fathom the O's being behind the technology curve.  They were just about the last to offer HD as well right?

Remember when rshack would write 10,000-word pieces on how expensive and hard and crazy it was to outfit a trailer with HD equipment and it was totally reasonable for MASN to be broadcasting low-def after everyone else had made the switch?  Good times.

I was going to cut loose from DirecTV this season and watch via my devices (AirPlay with my Mac or iPad) and stream to the TV if this one team MLB plan was to work for the O's. Looks like it won't from what I read upthread. 

If there is a way to watch my computer on my television set, I would love to know about it. I asked my cable company if they offered a way to do that, and they did not.

On 2/5/2017 at 3:06 PM, OFFNY said:

o

I'm already blocked out of Yankee games on my television anyway, because the YES network had a feud with my cable company (Comcast) prior to the 2015 season, and they took away the network from any of our packages.

However, I watch any games that I want to on my computer for free. If there is a way to watch my computer on my television set, I would love to know about it. I asked my cable company if they offered a way to do that, and they did not.

Yes.  I assume you are using reddit streams.  

Chromecast will cast any browser tab, in chrome, to your TV.  Its only 30 bucks.  (I don't believe amazon sells it for obvious reasons, but best buy has it here http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-chromecast-black/4397400.p?skuId=4397400)

You could also buy a cable that will fit your computer's output into an HDMI and plug it directly in to mirror your computer.  If you have a standard PC computer, either a DVI or 15-pin connector will do (monitor output styles).

If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll post pictures and whatnot.

17 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I was going to cut loose from DirecTV this season and watch via my devices (AirPlay with my Mac or iPad) and stream to the TV if this one team MLB plan was to work for the O's. Looks like it won't from what I read upthread. 

Won't work because you are in market?  A VPN service (usually $5ish a month) will get you around that.

7 minutes ago, McNulty said:

Yes.  I assume you are using reddit streams.  

Chromecast will cast any browser tab, in chrome, to your TV.  Its only 30 bucks.  (I don't believe amazon sells it for obvious reasons, but best buy has it here http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-chromecast-black/4397400.p?skuId=4397400)

You could also buy a cable that will fit your computer's output into an HDMI and plug it directly in to mirror your computer.  If you have a standard PC computer, either a DVI or 15-pin connector will do (monitor output styles).

If this isn't clear, let me know and I'll post pictures and whatnot.

o

Thank you very much !!!

Archived