Update: O's sign Trumbo to 3yr/$37 mil deal

Dark Helmet

1 minute ago, VeveJones007 said:

Do we know how real that is? It could have been negotiating leverage with Trumbo.

That's reverse leverage. Trumbo is a RH "outfielder." If it was leverage DD would say he wanted a diff RHer. Like Joey Bats...

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I see Trumbo as Seth Smith's strict platoon partner in RF. DHs every other day. Trey is Mark's strict DH platoon. Mark in RF about 50 games. Better than last year's D if Smith can hold up his end.

I don't know why DD STILL wants a LH OFer. You get a good RH glove to platoon with Kim and force Joey to AAA. Team is done.

Agreed.  Seems like, as of now, we have Rickard to platoon with Kim and Mancini to platoon with Smith (with Trumbo switching between DH and RF, depending on LHP or RHP.)  I don't see the room for a LH hitting outfielder, either, unless they plan on trying to play Kim everyday.  I think Tavarez has the odds stacked against him in his effort to make the team.  Hopefully, we can work out a trade to keep him.  Santander most likely starts on the DL.  We'd have him in reserve to step in around June 1st in the event either Trey or Joey falter.

8 minutes ago, scOtt said:

That's reverse leverage. Trumbo is a RH "outfielder." If it was leverage DD would say he wanted a diff RHer. Like Joey Bats...

They were linked to Bautista last week. Also, there are only 25 roster spots and already projected to have 4 OFs on the roster. I'm not sure I really believe they're interested in a LH OF for anything more than a MiLB deal.

21 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I see Trumbo as Seth Smith's strict platoon partner in RF. DHs every other day. Trey is Mark's strict DH platoon. Mark in RF about 50 games. Better than last year's D if Smith can hold up his end.

I don't know why DD STILL wants a LH OFer. You get a good RH glove to platoon with Kim and force Joey to AAA. Team is done.

That's probably where we're at but I still think it's better to move Mancini back to AAA with Trumbo on the team.

I am in favor of the RH outfielder with a glove to upgrade the Nolan Reimold spot on the 25-man.  I was big on Franklin Gutierrez but he does have serious health concerns.

Austin Jackson is turning 30, has pretty even splits and plays rock solid D (and would be the backup CF).  He's my current top target.  Peter Bourjos would be a poor man's Jackson.

1 minute ago, VeveJones007 said:

They were linked to Bautista last week. Also, there are only 25 roster spots and already projected to have 4 OFs on the roster. I'm not sure I really believe they're interested in a LH OF for anything more than a MiLB deal.

I'm not sure I believe it either. DD works in mysterious ways.

1 minute ago, 25 Nuggets said:

That's probably where we're at but I still think it's better to move Mancini back to AAA with Trumbo on the team.

I am in favor of the RH outfielder with a glove to upgrade the Nolan Reimold spot on the 25-man.  I was big on Franklin Gutierrez but he does have serious health concerns.

Austin Jackson is turning 30, has pretty even splits and plays rock solid D (and would be the backup CF).  He's my current top target.  Peter Bourjos would be a poor man's Jackson.

Do you think the budget is there for that?

9 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I keep forgetting this. For some reason I keep thinking Trey is out of options. Yes, we could do much better than him this year. A REAL OFer into the mix.

Too hard to multi-quote still. I'll do it anonymously...

Boy one more loss in 2015 and your entire narrative would be dust.

One more win last year and it would be different for many. 

Would it? 

They would have had a home playoff game.

Maybe Buck would have used Britton.

Or if they had just won that last extra inning game. Imagine. Orioles could have beaten Texas and Cleveland. 

If they had won that one game. HFA. WC in Balmer.

Won the WC in TOR.

Who knows what could have happened.

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure they can find a way to make even a Manny extension unpalatable.  :P

It's like I have VR goggles but the only game I can play is one where I watch car wrecks in slow motion.

I WISH I could get some slo-mo on all the Russian dash cams I watch!

Archived