Should the Orioles entertain the idea of Bautista?

Tony-OH

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

Bautista's numbers fell off a cliff last year and he's 36. If I were going to give Trumbo's money to anybody (including Trumbo), I'd give it to Encarnacion, who is 33, coming off a huge year and is remarkably consistent. As other clubs have gone with cheaper options, Encarnacion's market is thinning a bit and he may take that a 4/$80m he turned down from the Jays.

Would much, much rather go after Encarnacion than Bautista.

51 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

Bautista's numbers fell off a cliff last year and he's 36. If I were going to give Trumbo's money to anybody (including Trumbo), I'd give it to Encarnacion, who is 33, coming off a huge year and is remarkably consistent. As other clubs have gone with cheaper options, Encarnacion's market is thinning a bit and he may take that a 4/$80m he turned down from the Jays.

Agreed. There is a reason that Toronto wants Edwin back more than Bautista. 

I've spent all afternoon trying to think of a player I detest more than Jose Bautista.  Complete failure.  He is in a class of his own.

If the Orioles signed Bautista I wouldn't stop being a hard-core O's fan, but I would probably watch a lot fewer games as long as he's on the team.

8 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

My guess is Bautista is not really a "Buck guy"... The cognitive dissonance created by rooting for Bautista would make my head explode. There have to be better uses of that money. Plus he had an off year and just seems to be in the wrong part of his career.

I'd rather root for Bautista than Trumbo.

I've been pretty vocal about him being a hot dog and divisive kind of guy. But if the O's sign him, I'll suck it up and consider him one of ours unless he ups his jerk game.

He started following me on Twitter last year and it creeped me out. Maybe it was his agent, intern or someone else pressing the "follow" button (though it's his verified account), but it felt like being followed by a political figure you have been running down pretty hard.

10 hours ago, grimed1 said:

MLBTR says Fowler wants 18 million a year.Don't want him at that price. Desmond if his price falls would be interesting. can take over SS next year.

I might give Fowler a 1/18 deal. Take the money you save by not signing Trumbo longer term and give it to Manny. Give it all to Manny, actually. I want Peter Angelos to drive his Mercedes over to Manny's house and personally deliver the keys. 

Archived