Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

If that's true, are they going to start trading off guys like Betts, Bradley, and Bogarts once they get expensive? They stuck owe Sandoval, Price, and Porcello alot of money. 

They have to eventually get under the Luxury tax. No, unless they find someone like the Dodgers again, I am sure they won't.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, big_sparxx said:

someone really needs to explain this fantasy to me and how it works in real life. Aside from the $, and the draft pick, and the guy being a class A bonehead, and old, and injury prone, what exactly is the case for him?

The BlueJays will re-sign him. they are the ONLY team that has any real desire for him.

He is NOT what we need. End of discussion.

The case for him is that he's a dangerous power hitter whose salary demands seem to be dropping fast. It's a classic buy-low opportunity. He gets on base, hits for power, and can play right field. If not for the whole "Orioles fans hate him," he's almost a perfect fit. Yes, he's old, and I would have wanted no part of a long term deal. But if he's looking for a one-year contract to restore value? I'd be all over that. 

15 minutes ago, crawjo said:

The case for him is that he's a dangerous power hitter whose salary demands seem to be dropping fast. It's a classic buy-low opportunity. He gets on base, hits for power, and can play right field. If not for the whole "Orioles fans hate him," he's almost a perfect fit. Yes, he's old, and I would have wanted no part of a long term deal. But if he's looking for a one-year contract to restore value? I'd be all over that. 

As would I, if it wasn't for the draft pick.

I think he's a better hitter next year than Trumbo is. I'd much rather give up a pick, sign him to a one-year deal and then hopefully get a compensation pick when Trumbo signs elsewhere. That's far more palatable to me than a four-year deal for Trumbo. 

16 hours ago, crawjo said:

I think he's a better hitter next year than Trumbo is. I'd much rather give up a pick, sign him to a one-year deal and then hopefully get a compensation pick when Trumbo signs elsewhere. That's far more palatable to me than a four-year deal for Trumbo. 

I don't think it's a foregone cause conclusion that Trumbo signs before June if it is not with us.

Archived