Orioles told Bautista's reps...Orioles fans don't like him

Dark Helmet

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Love this, hate Bautista and no, I couldn't be a sell out and like him if he was an Oriole.   

What, you guys would like Papi too if he came outta retirement and played for the Orioles?  I used to think I knew who you guys were, now I'm not so sure anymore.  

Plus we all know what would happen, he'd be hurt his whole deal and cripple us.  Make us hate him even more.  

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Love this, hate Bautista and no, I couldn't be a sell out and like him if he was an Oriole.   

What, you guys would like Papi too if he came outta retirement and played for the Orioles?  I used to think I knew who you guys were, now I'm not so sure anymore.  

Never did like Albert Belle when he was an Oriole.  Was just toleration.  Probably the same if it were Bautista.  Would tolerate him, and wouldn't like the move from a GM perspective.  Would look forward to seeing him leave.

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wouldn't mind Ortiz as he can straight out hit.  Bautista is on a decline but if he were willing to take a 2 year deal I would sign him.  I don't have anything against Bautista .  To me he is just another Manny Machado type player.  I don't know why people get all worked up over players from other teams.  

13 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I wouldn't mind Ortiz as he can straight out hit.  Bautista is on a decline but if he were willing to take a 2 year deal I would sign him.  I don't have anything against Bautista .  To me he is just another Manny Machado type player.  I don't know why people get all worked up over players from other teams. 

I would also add in 2 of the last 3 years he walked more than he struck out.  That would be nice to see even if he is declining in other ways. 

It's funny, but if this is true then Duquette is being childish. Bautista has rubbed me the wrong way, but if they could get him on a reasonable short-term deal it could help the team win. And if he started knocking those booming home runs out of Camden Yards all the people saying they wouldn't accept him would jump right on the train. Fans always see guys differently when they're on their own team. And losing the pick wouldn't be much different than signing Trumbo and not getting one for him because the O's are picking pretty late.

Now, that said, I would rather have Encarnacion, who is younger and has been remarkably consistent. He could split time between first base and DH (he's actually a pretty good first baseman and Davis could play in right field some of the time). But he would be more expensive, which is fine with me but probably not with the Orioles. 

1 minute ago, cimota said:

I would also add in 2 of the last 3 years he walked more than he struck out.  That would be nice to see even if he is declining in other ways. 

I wouldn't assume he's on decline - or at least on significant decline.  He had a good September, and a lot of his season was hurt by injuries.  

On the subject of the O's not trying to sign him simply because he's not popular here... that's extremely stupid if that's what's really happened.  I don't like him, but that's part of him playing for a rival and besting us so many times.  If he became an O, most O's fans would instantly become Bautista fans and give him a standing O when he helps beat Toronto.  

17 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I wouldn't assume he's on decline - or at least on significant decline.  He had a good September, and a lot of his season was hurt by injuries.  

On the subject of the O's not trying to sign him simply because he's not popular here... that's extremely stupid if that's what's really happened.  I don't like him, but that's part of him playing for a rival and besting us so many times.  If he became an O, most O's fans would instantly become Bautista fans and give him a standing O when he helps beat Toronto.  

For Pete's sake, don't you think that it is obvious that DD didn't pick up the phone out of the blue, call Bautista's agent, and say that Oriole fans don't like Bautista?  My guess is that the Orioles' players and coaching staff don't want him in the clubhouse, Bautista's agent called DD to gauge interest, and DD just said that Bautista isn't popular with Oriole fans to let him know that there just isn't any interest.  He's not going to say "Our players think your guy is an a#####e."  Why Bautista's agent found it necessary to tell a reporter that Orioles' fans don't like Bautista speaks to the agent and Bautista, not DD.  If the Orioles players don't want the guy in the locker room, I don't want the GM bringing him in.  Do you?

11 hours ago, Machado13 said:

To be honest, I think the Orioles players don't like him. It would cause issues in clubhouse IMO

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. The players and coaches don't like him at all. Of course your'e not going to throw your players under the bus so you blame it on the fans.   

Archived