Cakes for one of Miley/Gallardo/Jiminez

ScGO's

I hear Atlanta is still looking for rotation depth even after adding a few options SP options.  

Any chance one of our surplus SP's, a prospect of the Stewart/Reyes/Mancini ilk, and some negotiations on who is paying for salaries gets us Markakis back in RF?

He's still a 1.5 to 2 WAR player, he creates the stability in RF that we haven't had since he left, and I'm sure the fans and the clubhouse love the move.

Reasonable move or wishful thinking?  For $11 Mil a year, I think his price reflects his overall value.

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

I figure we'd have to give up some prospect of value.  Who would you give up?

I'd consider the other two you mentioned.

I have to say, before doing the deal we'd have to take a careful look at who we could get on the FA market without giving up anyone in a trade.    I happen to think Nick is a better fit than most of the options we have discussed, but I am hardly objective on this subject, since he was my favorite Oriole from the day he arrived to the day he left.

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'd consider the other two you mentioned.

I have to say, before doing the deal we'd have to take a careful look at who we could get on the FA market without giving up anyone in a trade.    I happen to think Nick is a better fit than most of the options we have discussed, but I am hardly objective on this subject, since he was my favorite Oriole from the day he arrived to the day he left.

He put his house in Monkton up for sale a few weeks ago. So sad....

Me too, big fan. And based on my thoughts in the other thread it would be a dream of mine to unload one of Ubaldo, Miley or Gallardo for him:) Wishful thinking though-I would take that knuckleballer they just signed back:)

I would do that, maybe not Mancini though. I like the idea of Markakis in RF, sign Revere for LF and letting Mancini and Kim platoon at DH. If we could do that while also dropping Ubaldo out of the rotation...it's worth the prospect assuming it's not someone like Mancini, Sisco or Sedlock.

5 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

No ill will toward Markakis, but that water went over the damn, no thanks rather have a younger player.

A lot of the players whose names are being kicked around are not younger than Markakis, or at least, not much.

I'd be on board assuming there's no real money shifting as well. Basically, Ubaldo or Gallardo to Atlanta (along with their money) for Markakis (and his money). The prospect would have to be a throw-in type prospect and nothing more. I'm skeptical that gets it done and because of that, this won't happen. 

I'm still in the camp that would love to take the Trumbo money and add a bit to it to get Encarnacion and then would willingly go with a Pagan type in RF for a year. Of course, that is also not happening so I have no problem with someone dreaming. 

I know that Markakis still lived in Baltimore County after leaving for Atlanta.  However, I just saw that a one time residence of Markakis was up for sale recently.  Does he still live in the area or have they permanently moved to Georgia?  Just wondering though it's only slightly relevant.

Just now, TheBee said:

I know that Markakis still lived in Baltimore County after leaving for Atlanta.  However, I just saw that a one time residence of Markakis was up for sale recently.  Does he still live in the area or have they permanently moved to Georgia?  Just wondering though it's only slightly relevant.

He still lives in MD. He didn't want to move his kids from where they've lived all their lives. In terms of prospects, I'd give up Scott. 

Archived