O's reportedly interested in only 2 of the remaining 19 MLBTR's TOP 50 Free Agent

wildcard

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Wouldn't mind some more LHH options for the OF/DH/Bench scene. Moss, Saunders, and Valbuena certainly meet my criteria while possibly leaving future payroll flexibility for large-scale extensions (i.e. you-know-who).

Tillman. The guy who will extend.

29 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Well, I did say "i.e."

But yeah, Tillman might be worth extending, depending on what he believes he's worth. Britton might be another candidate depending on similar factors.

Britton is a Boras client. 

On December 17, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Number5 said:

Saunders looks like the best fit for RF among the players available, IMO.  The price actually looks like a positive to me.  I'm thinking that 2/$22 or 3/$30 would do it.  The guy has power, decent speed, and is coming off a good year.  Heck he even OPS'd over .900 vs. LHP in 2016.  No platoon needed.  Plays all three outfield spots, has a good arm, and has shown well whenever he has played right field.  His defensive deficiencies are grossly overstated on this board, as his metrics have fluctuated greatly, with the exception of never showing poorly in right field.  He led all AL right fielders in total zone runs in 2014.  He is a poster child for the imperfections of the defensive metrics, IMO.  The concern I have is whether his shoulder is at or near 100% and whether he would pass the Orioles' physical.  Barring an unforeseen trade for a right fielder we haven't been looking at, a Saunders signing is something that I think works better than other options discussed.

I think you're right here. I would like Pagan more, but I do think it's either between him or saunders at this point

On 12/18/2016 at 11:00 AM, Horsepower said:

You mean Bourn, the guy whose defensive play in the wild card game was a major reason we lost?....no thanks

Did you also watch the countless plays he DID make in right field that Trumbo (or some other defense-impaired fielder) would have never gotten to? He's part of the reason we made it that far in the first place, including making it that deep into that particular game.

42 minutes ago, dan-O said:

I don't understand the OP - wildcard, I know you know that MLBTR predictions =/= reported Orioles interest in any of these names. 

Most of the other players the O's have been interested in are not in MLBTR's Top 50 and still available.   Who are you thinking of?

Archived