O's reportedly interested in only 2 of the remaining 19 MLBTR's TOP 50 Free Agent

wildcard

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

The only thing to take away from this is the approximate value we can expect in return for Ubaldo or Gallardo. 

I wish we could dump one of them for nothing.  Bucholz numbers weren't as bad as theirs and he has some upside going to the NL.  Ubaldo is mechanically flawed and could implode and be worthless out of nowhere.  Gallardo has a shoulder issue and on top of that he might just not have MLB stuff anymore.  

I don't see anymore NL teams to take advantage of now.  The Brewers, Reds, Pads are all in rebuild mode.  Maybe a deal with the Marlins or the Padres could happen.  The only bright spot is that I think it's better to be stuck with a bad contract SP than a bad contract position player because at least the SP can eat innings out of the pen.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wish we could dump one of them for nothing.  Bucholz numbers weren't as bad as theirs and he has some upside going to the NL.  Ubaldo is mechanically flawed and could implode and be worthless out of nowhere.  Gallardo has a shoulder issue and on top of that he might just not have MLB stuff anymore.  

I don't see anymore NL teams to take advantage of now.  The Brewers, Reds, Pads are all in rebuild mode.  Maybe a deal with the Marlins or the Padres could happen.  The only bright spot is that I think it's better to be stuck with a bad contract SP than a bad contract position player because at least the SP can eat innings out of the pen.  

Andy got him a special catcher as well. 

5 minutes ago, weams said:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sports/phillies/How-Peter-Bourjos-became-one-of-baseballs-hottest-hitters.html

Could be an option....according to the article he's good defensively.  If you've got a masher at DH you can live with a somewhat weak bat in RF I guess.  Would prefer someone who can hit leadoff, but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

Archived