Any Interest in Tyrell Jenkins (DFA'd by Texas)

sportsfan8703

16 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Has to be better than Bridwell right?

Not so sure about this.  He's has a pretty high WHIP in the minors (1.40) and doesn't look to do anything all that well.

He'd be worth a Minor League deal and a ST invite.   Never anything wrong with that!

48.2% GB rate last year in ATL.  That's what we want with our infield.  

Easily would be in our top 10-15 prospects.  Has options remaining.  Low K's because he is a GB/sinker pitcher.  Great pick off move.  I'm assuming that Tex DFA'd him and will try and trade him.  We are pretty thin with pitching prospects in the upper minors.  I'd give Tex a non 40 man roster guy for him.  

59 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Not so sure about this.  He's has a pretty high WHIP in the minors (1.40) and doesn't look to do anything all that well.

He'd be worth a Minor League deal and a ST invite.   Never anything wrong with that!

This, and only this.

As a Braves fan, I've followed Jenkins closely for a few years.  He's one of those guys - much like Mike Wright of the O's - who should have already been converted to a reliever.  It was always pretty obvious that he was a 5th starter at best - as a starter.  And I do like his potential as a reliever.    

Archived