80 - 100 Million Dollar Payroll

webbrick2010

Would anyone besides me like to see the O's have a 80-100 Million dollar pay roll with a 15-20 % reduction in ticket prices.

I have been against every O's extension/contract in the past 5 years starting with Hardy and continuing thru Davis

I'd prefer to watch a team of under 25 players with potential to be stars than a team of Hardy, Davis, Jones, O'day, Ubaldo, Gallardo, Miley, who are all past their prime. And now we are looking, because we have no farm system at adding more past their prime fringe players like Revere, or Davis. I'd rather watch a hungry young team that has the potential to develop into something special, even is they have a couple 95 loss seasons. Anyone else share my frustrations of this system of chasing a WC with not thought given to developing a core that could actually win a WS?  

I think the only way you'd see a 15-20% reduction in ticket prices would be after attendance collapsed due to on-field failures.  

The 1989 Orioles are one of my favorites, because they were young and hungry and unknown and competitive.  But also desperate after 1988, a decade of a mostly empty farm system, and ownership's inability or unwillingness to pay market value contracts for anything better than Grade C free agents.

5 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Would anyone besides me like to see the O's have a 80-100 Million dollar pay roll with a 15-20 % reduction in ticket prices.

I have been against every O's extension/contract in the past 5 years starting with Hardy and continuing thru Davis

I'd prefer to watch a team of under 25 players with potential to be stars than a team of Hardy, Davis, Jones, O'day, Ubaldo, Gallardo, Miley, who are all past their prime. And now we are looking, because we have no farm system at adding more past their prime fringe players like Revere, or Davis. I'd rather watch a hungry young team that has the potential to develop into something special, even is they have a couple 95 loss seasons. Anyone else share my frustrations of this system of chasing a WC with not thought given to developing a core that could actually win a WS?  

Bowie is pretty close to Baltimore.  They seem like a good option for you.  

7 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'm always in favor of inexpensive pricing. But, as you know, you can go see pretty much any game for 15 bucks. And there are no bad seats in the house. 13 bucks, 15 bucks, it doesn't matter that much. Plus you get to bring all your own food and drink in. 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm always in favor of inexpensive pricing. But, as you know, you can go see pretty much any game for 15 bucks. And there are no bad seats in the house. 13 bucks, 15 bucks, it doesn't matter that much. Plus you get to bring all your own food and drink in. 

Ive been very fortunate and got some very nice seats in the 18-25 range, for lower deck under cover down the line just a bit.

I will say this -- if the Orioles do the following in preparation for the 2018 season:

- Don't bring back Jimenez, Gallardo or Miley

- Don't extend Tillman and let him walk

- Trade Machado and Britton for a cost-controlled truckload

...they will shed over $80 mil in salary with many pieces still in place (Gausman, Bundy, Givens, Brach, O'Day, Jones, Davis, Hardy, Schoop, Sisco, Mancini, and whoever they get in trade)

17 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Ive been very fortunate and got some very nice seats in the 18-25 range, for lower deck under cover down the line just a bit.

You can not complain about ticket prices. If you choose to sit it the Midas seats, you need to be Midas. Or just move down. 

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Pretty much this.   And the Orioles are not a particularly old team.

I do LOVE your seats btw. 

Also, Dylan Bundy has a spin rate of 2490!

Wow. I think he ended up number three on the Statcast list. 

Chag Urim Sameach

Archived