Make these three moves and call it an offseason

Dark Helmet

30 minutes ago, billw76 said:

Unfortunately I think he may be too. It kind of seems like the same tunnel vision focus on Trumbo as Davis last year. 

Yeah it does seem like the same situation all over again. Which means Trumbo should sign a 5/100m deal with the O's soon 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But it's OK because some of the money will be deferred.

If we're signing a DH, I'd rather it be Mike Napoli. He's atleast a patient hitter that doesn't just hack away. You get Trumbo's production and a comp pick when Trumbo signs elsewhere.

I think it would be good to sign both Rajai Davis and Angel Pagan, then call it an offseason. Make Kim the full-time DH, improve the outfield defense and team speed. If either Davis or Pagan fail, you've got Rickard waiting in the wings. If Kim can't hit lefties, you've got Mancini. 

1 hour ago, billw76 said:

Unfortunately I think he may be too. It kind of seems like the same tunnel vision focus on Trumbo as Davis last year. 

I really don't think Trumbo is the worst signing.  I like others better, but yet others worse.

I really don't think Davis was the worst signing.  Same boat.

39 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I think it would be good to sign both Rajai Davis and Angel Pagan, then call it an offseason. Make Kim the full-time DH, improve the outfield defense and team speed. If either Davis or Pagan fail, you've got Rickard waiting in the wings. If Kim can't hit lefties, you've got Mancini. 

I just wonder how much playing time Kim will see. Even when he was hitting the cover off the ball, Buck would still sit him long stretches. 

2 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

1. Sign Pedro Alvarez 2/14m

2. Sign Michael Saunders 3/36m

3. Sign Radjai Davis 1/6m

1.  I like it if Kim is not DHing.  Brandon Moss or Chris Carter fit here as well.

2.  I'll take a 1 yr deal for Saunders w/ an option, like Castillo got.  Or sign Angel Pagan.

3.  PASS.  Only two need be signed, and I don't like Davis at his age anyway.  Let Mancini and Tavarez fill out the bench for now.

20 hours ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I really don't think Trumbo is the worst signing.  I like others better, but yet others worse.

I really don't think Davis was the worst signing.  Same boat.

I agree that Davis wasn't the worst signing, but I do think it was an overpay. Same with Trumbo, I don't think he would be the worst signing but I'd rather use the money to find an OF that's a defensive improvement and use Mancini/Kim as a DH platoon, or sign Carter or Alvarez to DH. No need to spend 12-15mil a year on Trumbo when there are others that would give the same results at a cheaper price and less years.

11 minutes ago, billw76 said:

I agree that Davis wasn't the worst signing, but I do think it was an overpay. Same with Trumbo, I don't think he would be the worst signing but I'd rather use the money to find an OF that's a defensive improvement and use Mancini/Kim as a DH platoon, or sign Carter or Alvarez to DH. No need to spend 12-15mil a year on Trumbo when there are others that would give the same results at a cheaper price and less years.

You are right, they could have signed Heyward. That would have been the worst. Talk about OVERPAY!

Archived