Could Jesus Liranzo Be Orioles' Next Mychal Givens Or Donnie Hart?

PressBoxOnline

I think the surprise reliever could be Oliver Drake.  Love his numbers on the farm the past few seasons, and he did really well during his second call up last season.

I feel his delivery offers a bit of deception and seems to get ground balls.  What do y'all see with him?

3 hours ago, ScGO's said:

I think the surprise reliever could be Oliver Drake.  Love his numbers on the farm the past few seasons, and he did really well during his second call up last season.

I feel his delivery offers a bit of deception and seems to get ground balls.  What do y'all see with him?

I don't think major leaguers swing at his fork ball. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I would not be surprised to see him earlier than that. If Brach is traded Liranzo might be able to compete for a spot in the pen before the All-Star break,

If Brach is trade maybe, but that is a big if.   Its not something that I think Dan wants to do.

Trumbo is the next one on Dan list to sign.  How that goes may determine if an O's reliever needs to be traded.

11 hours ago, wildcard said:

If Brach is trade maybe, but that is a big if.   Its not something that I think Dan wants to do.

Trumbo is the next one on Dan list to sign.  How that goes may determine if an O's reliever needs to be traded.

Even if he doesn't get traded, Liranzo has the stuff and arm to pitch in the major leagues. He just need a little better command and more consistent off speed deliveries. His stuff reminds me of Brach a lot. 

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Even if he doesn't get traded, Liranzo has the stuff and arm to pitch in the major leagues. He just need a little better command and more consistent off speed deliveries. His stuff reminds me of Brach a lot. 

Thanks for the insight into Liranzo's stuff.   Just based on his short time at AA and his relative youth,  I am guessing that we will probably not see him in the majors until late this year.   But agree you statement,  it is encouraging to think that his move in the last year up the organizational  ladder and his inclusion  on the 40 man roster means that he has a very good chance of being a major league reliever for many years.

21 hours ago, ScGO's said:

People forget that Drake was quietly getting big outs for us in 2015.  He had a nice little run that season before Givens became the story of the rookie relievers.  Drake's overall numbers don't look great because of two bad outings in SD last year where he took one for the team and threw about 80 pitches in b2b games.  

We have a ton of exciting arms near AA to begin the season.  Liranzo, Scott, Cleavinger, Messinger and Jason Garcia.  The guys one the 40 man will be rotated through Baltimore first.  With having 6 SP's, Wilson and Verrett at AAA, it might be time to convert Wright to the pen and see what happens.  That was supposed to be the plan after the trade deadline in 2015, when we released Norris and traded Hunter, but then Wright got hurt in his first appearance out of the pen.  Givens went on to dominate and earn a spot.  

It's the offseason but could someone refresh me on what Liranzo throws again and a short scouting report.  

50 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

People forget that Drake was quietly getting big outs for us in 2015.  He had a nice little run that season before Givens became the story of the rookie relievers.  Drake's overall numbers don't look great because of two bad outings in SD last year where he took one for the team and threw about 80 pitches in b2b games.  

We have a ton of exciting arms near AA to begin the season.  Liranzo, Scott, Cleavinger, Messinger and Jason Garcia.  The guys one the 40 man will be rotated through Baltimore first.  With having 6 SP's, Wilson and Verrett at AAA, it might be time to convert Wright to the pen and see what happens.  That was supposed to be the plan after the trade deadline in 2015, when we released Norris and traded Hunter, but then Wright got hurt in his first appearance out of the pen.  Givens went on to dominate and earn a spot.  

It's the offseason but could someone refresh me on what Liranzo throws again and a short scouting report.  

Givens was always gonna get that shot :)

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Archived