Don't count out Rickard and Tavarez

wildcard

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Schoop has probably gained 15 pounds since 2014.    I think that has more to do with it.    In any event, no two injuries are alike and I'm certainly not going to use Schoop's knee injury to project Rickard's thumb injury.    

I think it is clear that Schoop never "HEALED." Daily maintenance of musculature to work through it. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Directly relevant?  Of course not.  Different people, different injury.

But rehabbing an injury isn't the same as having it surgically repaired.

It could be better or worse than a surgical outcome.    

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, I agree.

That was never a point of contention.

In Rickard's case, I'm reminded of the joke about the guy who injures both his hands and has to undergo surgery.    He asks the surgeon "when I recover, will I be able to play the piano?"   "Sure," the surgeon confidently replies.   "That's great, I never could play the piano before!"

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

School's injury and Rickard's are apples and oranges.  No one knows how Rickard will be.  Not even you.

Schoop is definitely a different story. No one know how Rickard will respond. Not even Rickard.  

13 hours ago, weams said:

Not sure they could do it, but they could rehab him for a while and maybe do September this year and April May next year?

I am not an expert on the rule, but I think he has to be on the roster a certain amount of time this year or he has to be offered back to his original team. Maybe one of the guys on the board who knows the rule more completely will chime in.

2 minutes ago, theobird said:

I am not an expert on the rule, but I think he has to be on the roster a certain amount of time this year or he has to be offered back to his original team. Maybe one of the guys on the board who knows the rule more completely will chime in.

From what I understand, if the number of days is not met because of time spent on the DL the obligation is pushed back to the following season.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

From what I understand, if the number of days is not met because of time spent on the DL the obligation is pushed back to the following season.

You are correct. It has been fully researched.  90 Active Days. Over as many seasons as it takes for an injured player. Shoulder surgery would certainly count. 

6 minutes ago, theobird said:

I meant not sure about the rehab part. I know it was like that for Almanzar. Until he recovered. 

Archived