Vanimal Time?

Bahama O's Fan

36 minutes ago, POR said:

He only started twelve games.  I think virtually every pitchers stats would look decent if you disregarded the worst 25% of their games.

He made 35 Appearances with 12 Starts and 23 Relief Appearances.

His starter ERA and WHIP as a starter was 6.45/1.617

His reliever ERA and WHIP was 2.84/1.453

He was a strike out better per nine in relief

Vanimal (Vance Worley) Made four starts with a 4.50 ERA/1.318 WHIP and had 31 Relief Apperances with 3.20 ERA/1.392 WHIP.  His K/9 was less when in relief and less overall than Verrett's.   Vanimal will cost over $2 Million and has no options.  Verrett is still at the minimum(under $600,000) and has options.  

I do not think Vanimal for the added $1.5Million is a better option than is Logan.

6 hours ago, POR said:

He only started twelve games.  I think virtually every pitchers stats would look decent if you disregarded the worst 25% of their games.

Take out Wright and Wilson's worst 3 games and their ERA's are 4.11 and 4.02, respectively.   I do think Verret is a cut above those two.  

56 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Take out Wright and Wilson's worst 3 games and their ERA's are 4.11 and 4.02, respectively.   I do think Verret is a cut above those two.  

Interesting stat. 

To me, they are just using them because their system is so thin for other options. Everyone sees Wright is a backend BP arm but the O's. He might be a good one too. Stop being cute and put him in the pen.

Wilson has some hope to me a swing guy/long man. 

I think Verret is better than the other 2 as well which tells me something: the value of Wright and Wilson in a potential trade is not high.

We got to get on SP depth. Sign anyone with a pulse and store them in Norfolk. 

6 hours ago, thezeroes said:

He made 35 Appearances with 12 Starts and 23 Relief Appearances.

His starter ERA and WHIP as a starter was 6.45/1.617

His reliever ERA and WHIP was 2.84/1.453

He was a strike out better per nine in relief

1.453 still isn't all that hot.  His slash line against as a reliever last year was .276/.336/.528 (.863 OPS).

But hey, we don't know what we'll get with him.  2015 Verrett was very good with the Mets.

17 hours ago, Rene88 said:

Interesting stat. 

To me, they are just using them because their system is so thin for other options. Everyone sees Wright is a backend BP arm but the O's. He might be a good one too. Stop being cute and put him in the pen.

Wilson has some hope to me a swing guy/long man. 

I think Verret is better than the other 2 as well which tells me something: the value of Wright and Wilson in a potential trade is not high.

Yeah, I think we knew that already.   There's always a chance you can get a decent game out of them on a given day, but not on a consistent basis.   Wilson, for a guy without great stuff, seems to have a lot of games where his command simply isn't sharp enough to survive.    He can look pretty good when his command is there.    I really like his demeanor and attitude, but if he can't put the ball exactly where he wants to, he's dead meat.    Wright has better stuff, but his command is very rarely on.   He's always pitching from behind in the count. And he's easily rattled.   

Archived