Breaking: DD has interest in Hammel

Rene88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The signing team might lose a third round pick.  That doesn't mean the losing team only gets a third.  They still get a sandwich pick between the first and second rounds.

Unless of course you think that Tillman won't make 50 million. (end of second round)

Or that the O's will be over the luxury tax threshold. (after the fourth round)

I guess I didn't understand the new CBA as well as I thought I did.   Your comments made be go read it again.  I understand a little more but still need to read more.

However, I still question if getting draft choice(s) and waiting two to four years for them to mature is good enough for a player like Tillman.   The O's may need to trade him this off season if they can't sign him.

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Tim Dierkes predicts a 3 yr, $42 mil deal for Hammel.

He'll be 37 years old in September of that third year. The Cubs let him go despite a $9 mil contract (during each of his first two years--Don't know what his third-year salary would have been; they took the buyout at $2 mil).

24 minutes ago, LA2 said:

He'll be 37 years old in September of that third year. The Cubs let him go despite a $9 mil contract (during each of his first two years--Don't know what his third-year salary would have been; they took the buyout at $2 mil).

Club option was valued at $10MM. 

So they passed on him for one year / 8 million essentially. 

1 hour ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Tim Dierkes predicts a 3 yr, $42 mil deal for Hammel.

I think he was trying to account for the limited free agent pitching depth this off-season and overdid it.  I doubt if Dierkes would still peg Hammel for that kind of contract.

2 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I think he was trying to account for the limited free agent pitching depth this off-season and overdid it.  I doubt if Dierkes would still peg Hammel for that kind of contract.

I bet Hammel does not exceed 2/24.

Archived