Buck Showalter: "We're going to try to out-relationship you"

PressBoxOnline

3 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

WTH does this even mean? I guess we are going to "love" our way to a championship. I guess it definitely means someone like Bautista is not coming here...

Buck doesn't like modern analytics, he's a Make Love not War type of guy.  :grouphug:

21 hours ago, PressBoxOnline said:

Orioles manager Buck Showalter on the importance of the team's minicamp: "We're going to try to out-relationship you." "It's a lot more fun, quite frankly, instead of trying to outbid on people."

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/01/11/orioles-find-minicamp-a-necessity

o

Showalter is going to see to it that every Oriole fan has a girlfriend or a boyfriend and/or a wife or a husband.

Cool. 

46 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

WTH does this even mean? I guess we are going to "love" our way to a championship. I guess it definitely means someone like Bautista is not coming here...

It's an awkward quote, and just kind of dropped into the middle of the story, so it's hard to say precisely what question prompted Buck to say it.

I'd reckon that what he was trying to convey was that the Orioles are big on chemistry, and that their greater team chemistry is what helps make up for the payroll gap between them and teams like the Yanks and Sox. Which I don't necessarily disagree with. They're very particular about the types of personalities they've carried on the roster since Buck took over.

21 hours ago, PressBoxOnline said:

Orioles manager Buck Showalter on the importance of the team's minicamp: "We're going to try to out-relationship you." "It's a lot more fun, quite frankly, instead of trying to outbid on people."

https://www.pressboxonline.com/2017/01/11/orioles-find-minicamp-a-necessity

32 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Showalter is going to see to it that every Oriole fan has a girlfriend or a boyfriend and/or a wife or a husband.

Cool. 

o

45 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Cool. 

I believe on the 1970 World Series championship team, every player but one (Bobby Grich) was married.    So maybe there's something to it!

Archived