Maryland @ Ohio State

Munson

31 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Is Jackson a top 20 pick already? Probably lucky if we even have him for one more year.

He's not getting much national attention yet.  Probably doesn't help that his name is Justin Jackson.  You have the more heralded junior at UNC with the same name who is likely to be a first round pick next year. NBADraft.net for example doesn't have Jackson taken in the draft this year or next.  

I'm thinking we get one more year out of him.  If we go deep in the tournament and he is a key factor that could certainly change.  Big men with all-around games, who shoot .450 from three don't stay in college for long. 

Imagine getting all four of those guys back next year: Trimble, Jackson, Huerter, and Cowen.  How good will we be?  Trimble may still be a second round pick, so it's certainly a possibility that he stays for four you just never would have thought it two years ago. 

I'm not convinced that Huerter is not an NBA player.  Especially if he keeps growing.  Could make a decent wing player at the next level.  Not the speed and typical slashing ability you want for a small forward, but the fundamentals (especially on defense) and the shot is there to be a successful pro. Still a four year player most likely. 

Yeah I don't see Huerter going early. Jackson probably two year player though if he has a strong finish and plays out of his mind in the tourney, who knows. He's the most talented guy we've had since Wilcox (in terms of pure talent and size).

Just finished my DVR of the game.  All game long felt like we should have been further ahead than we were.  I love where we are, happy with 3 freshman starting that we are doing so well,  but  still very concerned about how deep we can go in the conference tournament let alone the big dance.    I know it's early to even be worried about that and lucky to even be considering it but I feel like we should be better than we even or after watching the last few games.  

Regardless it was great  to see us pull out another win. I actually get to go to the game Saturday, so really looking forward to that.    

v

7 hours ago, Finisher said:

Yeah I don't see Huerter going early. Jackson probably two year player though if he has a strong finish and plays out of his mind in the tourney, who knows. He's the most talented guy we've had since Wilcox (in terms of pure talent and size).

Wilcox and Stone should have stayed another year. Same as Trimble and JJ. Hard to say no to the bucks though.

The positive that I took from last night was the fact that was a tired Maryland team playing an Ohio state team that was playing on all cylinders and they still pulled out the win. Trimble wasn't very good until the last few minutes of the game and almost single handily kept Ohio state in the game for a while with his terrible drives and turnovers, but in the end he made some big shots and does what he does when the team needs him. i really see Trimble as a four-year guy. I don't see how his game will translate to the NBA because he doesn't do anything particularly well, he's not that quick, his defense is below average, he doesn't have the size, and his outside shot is too inconsistent. That's good for Maryland though because I can see this entire team coming back outside of Dodd and Gill. 

Let's give Nickens some respect. He's found his role as the off the bench gunner and the fact that he's not awful on defense helps as well. 

The issue with the team will remain their inability to control the boards on either end and that will be their short coming in the tourney. They will hit a team that will just bang it inside consistently and get second chances due to the fact the Terps have no real rebounding threat. If this team had a Lonnie Baxter type they would be dangerous come tourney time.

BTW, what happened to Wiley?

I agree with Tony on all that and yea what is up with Wiley? He must be in the dog house or hurt is all I can figure.  Regardless for the time being they are doing well without him (or almost without him, think he has gotten a few seconds here or there).  

Archived