Time to bench Markakis and Roberts

JTrea81

It's one thing to swing and miss because of timing. It's another thing to watch three strikes sail by you that were all in the zone and not even attempt to swing...

Roberts last AB was inexcusable and pathetic...

[sLUMP] I think you need to step back from that ledge my friend [/sLUMP]

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I thought the dumbest reactionary thread of the night would be bashing Trembley for not going to Sherrill after the Abreu walk.

Always expect the absurd!

Dude!?!?!?!?

Did you see Jim Johnson give up that run?????????

He needs to be demoted to Bowie right now; he isnt even good enough for Norfolk.

:drek:

:D

I'm actually encouraged. The O's went into Yankees Stadium and went toe to toe with the evil empire. The difference between taking the series and dropping the series was a 1-run loss on a bad throw to home after a weak line drive to left.

I think that's pretty generous. Even if Payton makes the throw who's to say we would've won? And we had plenty of opportunities tonight against a pitcher who didn't have very good stuff, from what I saw, and got 1 run.

Not gonna freak out over a loss like this in a rebuilding season, but man does it stink when your offense goes into ruts like this. In our last 4 losses, we've combined for 3 runs.

Seriously, who cares? IT IS A SLUMP!!!!

THEY AREN'T SEEING THE BALL WELL!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me?

After every loss, i say JTrea should be banned from the board for 12 hours. This is just ridiculous.

SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean that the worst team in baseball according to experts should not be over .500?

I think that's pretty generous. Even if Payton makes the throw who's to say we would've won? And we had plenty of opportunities tonight against a pitcher who didn't have very good stuff, from what I saw, and got 1 run.

Not gonna freak out over a loss like this in a rebuilding season, but man does it stink when your offense goes into ruts like this. In our last 4 losses, we've combined for 3 runs.

You're right, a good throw wouldn't have guaranteed anything.

Still is encouraging that the O's were really close to leaving the Bronx with a 2-1 series win.

He sure did....I bet he will look awful for a game sometime again in his career and i bet every player will as well...Its part of the game.

I think it just shows that this team is not good enough to win if Markakis and Roberts can't hit.

Between this and the other thread, I'm now convinced Markakis should not just be benched, but taken out back and shot.

Markakis should be benched.

The Orioles should be disolved.

The state of Maryland should be blown to bits with massive bombs.

Archived