Time to bench Markakis and Roberts

JTrea81

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give it time Mackus, JTrea could still start a Trembley needs to be Fired thread.

Fixed that for you...

Seriously though... all JTrea wants is a reaction out of everyone and he gets it. Obviously because this has been a successful year for the O's so he will posts a bunch of negative baloney.

He sure did....I bet he will look awful for a game sometime again in his career and i bet every player will as well...Its part of the game.

Right.....ARod went 0-4 with two Ks swinging at pitches out of the zone. Maybe he should be benched :rolleyes:

It seems to me Markakis approch this year looks a little different this year. He just looks like he is swinging a little harder which may make his swing look a little longer.

I hope he doesn't feel the pressure of being one of the few guys on the team that is expected to supply power. He has swung and missed at more hittable pitches this year than I have ever seen him.

Fixed that for you...

Seriously though... all JTrea wants is a reaction out of everyone and he gets it. Obviously because this has been a successful year for the O's so he will posts a bunch of negative baloney.

Yeah cause I want to see the Orioles lose...:rolleyestf:

Markakis is struggling and he needs to have a day off. He's played in every game this season so far I believe. If that sounds better than benched go ahead and use that.

Roberts AB in the 8th disgusted me. He's just not focused right now and needs a day as well to refocus.

It's not negative it's the truth...

You must have not watched the game. Two of those outs were loud.

No, I watched the game. I don't remember the other outs, I usually don't remember outs.

Doesn't matter, it's just reactionary stuff. Markakis is in somewhat of a slump. So what? If you want to give him a day off, fine. Benching him in favor of someone else is stupid.

A guy doesn't get better at the plate by hitting in the tunnel.

The best way to break out of a mini slump is to sit the bench and learn the cold, hard facts that even an All Star's job is only as good as his last week or two. Chewing sunflower seeds and watching Luis Hernandez play is the best way to get that timing back. :rolleyes:

It might get them a little more refocused or "hungry" if you will. I don't think you can say that both are giving 100% of what they can right now...

Yeah cause I want to see the Orioles lose...:rolleyestf:

Markakis is struggling and he needs to have a day off. He's played in every game this season so far I believe. If that sounds better than benched go ahead and use that.

Roberts AB in the 8th disgusted me. He's just not focused right now and needs a day as well to refocus.

It's not negative it's the truth...

The team has had 3 days off the last 2 weeks. That is their days off.

And Nick didn't start one game this year I believe.

They have had days off, they are just in a slump. These are our two best hitters, stop worrying so much about them.

It might get them a little more refocused or "hungry" if you will. I don't think you can say that both are giving 100% of what they can right now...

I don't think you can say you have any idea what they're giving. You see results, not approach, not effort, not what's going through their heads.

Funny, Buck Martinez was just talking today about how nice a day off can be for some players, not necessarily physically, but in the sense that they can relax and enjoy the game again for a day.

Nick ought to be having a day off or so every few weeks anyway. Whether he needs it now or not, I'll leave that up to Trembley.

Archived