Yup, saw it in my traffic reports this morning and it is definitely much appreciated. In regards to the video I use, I am very careful to make sure the video is representative of the player's actual mechanics and stuff. Using video also allows me to watch a player's mechanics in slow motion and pick up stuff that may not be seen with the naked eye.

I'll be sure to return the favor at some point in the near future.

Outstanding website. Thanks for the info. :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Matusz is far from a "can't miss". He is the best pitcher in the draft, but he is not in the league of Price.

This is the exact reason we need to take a bat. There is just no clear cut #1 pitcher like Price last year. If im taking a pitcher at #4 he has to have ACE material. If TBeckham, Alvarez, and Posey are gone give me Smoak, Hosmer, or Gbeck before Matusz or Crow. By the way Gbeck is really starting to grow on me. His numbers are just insane. Hosmer is boom or bust even though i think more boom. I dont see us paying him. I think it should come down to Smoak or Gbeck.

Outstanding website. Thanks for the info. :)

Thanks, Greg!! Much appreciated. I've been using your site to figure out what players to break down from the 3rd and 4th rounds since I haven't been able to find much info. projecting players from those rounds.

This is the exact reason we need to take a bat. (1) There is just no clear cut #1 pitcher like Price last year. If im taking a pitcher at #4 (2) he has to have ACE material. If TBeckham, Alvarez, and Posey are gone give me Smoak, Hosmer, or Gbeck before Matusz or Crow. By the way Gbeck is really starting to grow on me. His numbers are just insane. Hosmer is boom or bust even though i think more boom. I dont see us paying him. (3) I think it should come down to Smoak or Gbeck.

1. There are really only 2 clear cut #1 bats, and they are Alvarez and T-Bex;

2. Eh, Matusz doesn't really need to improve much to have that potential;

3. I think this is a very defensible stance, but each probably has more "concerns" around them than Matusz.

Thanks, Greg!! Much appreciated. I've been using your site to figure out what players to break down from the 3rd and 4th rounds since I haven't been able to find much info. projecting players from those rounds.

My first chance to use this> :grouphug:

Cool huh? :D

1. There are really only 2 clear cut #1 bats, and they are Alvarez and T-Bex;

2. Eh, Matusz doesn't really need to improve much to have that potential;

3. I think this is a very defensible stance, but each probably has more "concerns" around them than Matusz.

Ok, so Tbeck, Posey, and Alvarez are off the board. Who would you rather have? GBeck, Matusz, Crow, Or Smoak?

There are reports though that Alvarez will not slip past the Royals. I think I read it in Sickels report that even though they have Gordon, Butler and Mustokas they'll find a place for Alvarez no matter what.

This is what hurts me the most. We were such a crappy team last year, only to end up picking likely one pick away from where the best player in the draft ends up dropping to. :(

This is what hurts me the most. We were such a crappy team last year, only to end up picking likely one pick away from where the best player in the draft ends up dropping to. :(

Well, if we were willing to draft Alvarez, then maybe with the money we save we can go after high signing bonus demand guys in the following rounds. We might be able to come out with more that way.

You know what hurts me? The fact that had the O's lost one or two more games a few years ago they'd have been in position to draft Teixeira, but instead got Chris Smith. Then in 2004 had they lost one or two more games than they did the O's would have been able to pick Jay Bruce, but instead panicked and reached for Brandon Snyder. Last year is the exact same thing, had they lost one or two more games they'd be in position for Alvarez.

Teixeira, Bruce, and Alvarez are infinately more important to me, as a fan, than a couple meaningless wins when they had absolutely nothing to play for. Imagine, the O's could have a 3-4-5 of Bruce, Teixeira and Alvarez. It's just sickening the difference between those players and Smith, Synder, and Matusz.

You know what hurts me? The fact that had the O's lost one or two more games a few years ago they'd have been in position to draft Teixeira, but instead got Chris Smith. Then in 2004 had they lost one or two more games than they did the O's would have been able to pick Jay Bruce, but instead panicked and reached for Brandon Snyder. Last year is the exact same thing, had they lost one or two more games they'd be in position for Alvarez.

Teixeira, Bruce, and Alvarez are infinately more important to me, as a fan, than a couple meaningless wins when they had absolutely nothing to play for. Imagine, the O's could have a 3-4-5 of Bruce, Teixeira and Alvarez. It's just sickening the difference between those players and Smith, Synder, and Matusz.

Brandon Snyder wasn't much of a reach. He was thought of a late 1st or sandwich pick. The two others who were the experts picks were volstad and cj henry. Not sure we missed much.

Brandon Snyder wasn't much of a reach. He was thought of a late 1st or sandwich pick. The two others who were the experts picks were volstad and cj henry. Not sure we missed much.

Henry no, but Volstad is among the best pitching prospects in baseball. FWIW I took Snyder that year, I always pretend I'm on the clock just like the O's and will do so again this year as always. Brandon still has time, let's hope. :o

Archived