They All Break

weams

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't hurt and they are just giving him a start of two off.

Yea, I read more closely and it said "mild" strain and with the only 10 day DL now, probably a good way to keep the innings down and your ace pitcher fresh.  I honestly hope he is not hurt, O's season is lost and I like following performances such as his. 

26 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Yes indeed...first year in (for 25 million this year, so it looks like that would be a -.2 WAR for the Cubs 25 mil in year 1)

I don’t know, but here are three thoughts.   I will bet you that old Yu will not be exercising his contract opt out after next season 2019,and instead being that he will be 32 next year, that the remainder of his deal which runs through 2023 at a remaining cost of about 22 million per year will be looking pretty good to him I wager and not looking too good at the end on review for the Cubbies.  And thirdly, Theo has always been overrated, imho.  

36 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Is this latest Yu Darvish firestorm a bad time to bring up what Jake Arrieta has done?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-spt-cubs-yu-darvish-jake-arrieta-rosenbloom-20180801-story.html

What do you have to do... carry a team to the World Series before someone believes in you? ?

12 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hunter Harvey, shut down with elbow discomfort.

All you can do is shake your head at this point.  He's still only 23, but you have to wonder if he'll ever be healthy enough to make it as a pitcher in the big leagues.  Here's are article with more info.  The Sun has an article as well, but I'm out of free views to the month.

https://www.camdenchat.com/2018/8/21/17766526/orioles-news-hunter-harvey-injury-elbow-shoulder

25 minutes ago, esmd said:

All you can do is shake your head at this point.  He's still only 23, but you have to wonder if he'll ever be healthy enough to make it as a pitcher in the big leagues.  Here's are article with more info.  The Sun has an article as well, but I'm out of free views to the month.

https://www.camdenchat.com/2018/8/21/17766526/orioles-news-hunter-harvey-injury-elbow-shoulder

Damn, starting to look more and more like Hobgood.

So we have 3 young arms, all hyped to be future stud TORs.

Gausman, Bundy and then they added Harvey.

The new Calvary was coming to carrying the pitcher burden for the next decade.

Gausman never achieved it, and ended up getting a plane ticket out of town.

Bundy has teased up with flashes of greatness and the ability to cough up the long ball.

Harvey is back to the DL, and some doubt if he will ever stay healthy.

Bad luck, or what?

2 hours ago, esmd said:

24 in December.  Yeah, still relatively young but you'd like a top prospect not making their debut at that age, especially someone drafted out of high school.

But you are right, definitely have to wonder if he'll ever be healthy enough.  I am sure @Luke-OHcan provide some insight as to body type for a pitcher, but to me the stick skinny guys just seem more prone to breaking down like this.  That's obviously not a hard and fast rule as there are plenty of skinny guys that have made it as pitchers.  But you look at a guy like Gray-Rod vs. Harvey...Grayson seems to be a bit more built for power pitching.  

I dunno, I'm talking out of my ass here but whatever.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

24 in December.  Yeah, still relatively young but you'd like a top prospect not making their debut at that age, especially someone drafted out of high school.

But you are right, definitely have to wonder if he'll ever be healthy enough.  I am sure @Luke-OHcan provide some insight as to body type for a pitcher, but to me the stick skinny guys just seem more prone to breaking down like this.  That's obviously not a hard and fast rule as there are plenty of skinny guys that have made it as pitchers.  But you look at a guy like Gray-Rod vs. Harvey...Grayson seems to be a bit more built for power pitching.  

I dunno, I'm talking out of my ass here but whatever.  

They all break. Even the stocky ones. Even the ones on PED. Pitchers break.