vs. YANKEES, 4/09

OFFNY

Just now, SteveA said:

Guess that's why Dan picked up 3 pitchers last week.

I still feel good except for O'Day. He looks rough. People forget that we didn't have a good lefty until Hart came late in the year last year. This year he is here all year. Brach looks good. We need Tillmam big time. I still wonder if Wright could be useful out of the pen. 

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Everyone has a bad game. 4-1 Ain't bad boys

Yeah, not bad, and every team's going to lose those winnable ones from time to time. Part of the experience. Still sucks when it happens, though.

Phillies were about to beat Strasburg but Jeanmar Gomez couldn't get the job done.   Ryan Zimmerman hits a 2-out 3-run HR in the top of the 9th to tie the game at 3.

As bad as our bullpen has been today, it's still one of the best in baseball.   Look at what has happened to the Rangers, Giants, Padres, Phillies, Ranger, Tiger, and National pens already this year.   And some of those teams hope to contend.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

O'Day looks done as a pitcher. We got some good years out of him, at least.

We signed him to a 4 year contract extension which is up there with the Davis contract as far as us really blowing it by adding far too many years.

JJ is also falling apart at the end of his contract as well.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Phillies were about to beat Strasburg but Jeanmar Gomez couldn't get the job done.   Ryan Zimmerman hits a 2-out 3-run HR in the top of the 9th to tie the game at 3.

As bad as our bullpen has been today, it's still one of the best in baseball.   Look at what has happened to the Rangers, Giants, Padres, Phillies, Ranger, Tiger, and National pens already this year.   And some of those teams hope to contend.

Yep. Every dog has it's day

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

NYY taking out some of their frustration on the Orioles this inning. It happens, it's a long season. They will need to do better than this most nights to have any chance to contend, though.

Just ticks me off a little. Yanks are beat up, game was there to busy open early and then not having big 2 late killed us. It happens. I just can't stand the Yankees. 

Just now, Norfolk orioles said:

We signed him to a 4 year contract extension which is up there with the Davis contract as far as us really blowing it by adding far too many years.

JJ is also falling apart at the end of his contract as well.

JJ isn't as awful as everyone makes him out to be. 

Archived