vs. YANKEES, 4/09

OFFNY

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I still feel good except for O'Day. He looks rough. People forget that we didn't have a good lefty until Hart came late in the year last year. This year he is here all year. Brach looks good. We need Tillmam big time. I still wonder if Wright could be useful out of the pen. 

I really do think Wright would be a fantastic reliever.

He could just come in and go full bore for an inning or two. His problem was trying to get 5 or 6 and then getting killed by a blowup inning.

He can throw the kitchen sink in a 1 inning stint and should be great.

It's painfully obvious though that he is not a viable major league starter and never will be.

4 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

He could just come in and go full bore for an inning or two. His problem was trying to get 5 or 6 and then getting killed by a blowup inning.

It's painfully obvious though that he is not a viable major league starter and never will be.

At some point I think they will try it. Issue is the organization has such little starting depth I understand why they haven't done it yet.  

4 minutes ago, Rich Mac said:

We took the series from the Yankees.

Boston nearly lost three straight vs Detroit, and Jackie Bradley's knee is in question.

Toronto is 1-5, got clobbered by Tampa Bay, was involved in a bench clearing brawl and Josh Donaldson is hurt again.

11 minutes ago, Norfolk orioles said:

In his past relief appearances I don't recall seeing a velocity jump.

Some guys just can't dial it up.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

In his past relief appearances I don't recall seeing a velocity jump.

Some guys just can't dial it up.

I get your point but he also has never been turned into a full time reliever. We wouldn't have that answer until and if it ever happens. 

Archived