Could Manny Machado Leave For The Yankees?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TheWall said:

In what world can the Mets afford him? They have a smaller payroll than we do.

In the world that has this place called New York.  Their market has a helluvalot more potential than Baltimore's does - even with the Yankees around.    

19 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

With the Dodgers and their crazy spending and very deep pockets, I could see them making a play for Manny.

I really am starting to believe the O's will pony up. I don't know why, just a feeling.

I think there is about a 25 percent chance we find a way to resign Manny. 

If he leaves via free agency I have no reason not to think the Yankees don't make a hard run at him.  DC is more likely to extend/resign Bryce than we are Manny leaving Manny as the only golden nugget in that FA class.  Boston is out of the sweepstakes leaving just a handful of large market teams that could afford him. 

I have him at around 40 percent chance of becoming a Yankee, 35 percent chance of playing for a different team, and 25 percent chance of him staying in Baltimore.  

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

I think there is about a 25 percent chance we find a way to resign Manny. 

If he leaves via free agency I have no reason not to think the Yankees don't make a hard run at him.  DC is more likely to extend/resign Bryce than we are Manny leaving Manny as the only golden nugget in that FA class.  Boston is out of the sweepstakes leaving just a handful of large market teams that could afford him. 

I have him at around 40 percent chance of becoming a Yankee, 35 percent chance of playing for a different team, and 25 percent chance of him staying in Baltimore.  

I think Bryce Harper WANTS to be a Yankee.   I thought I remember a quote of his stating that was something he always wanted to do.   Maybe I'm not remembering that properly, though.

Just now, baltfan said:

I agree with foxfield, Miami is the definite sleeper on Machado.  Could see them overpaying and Manny wanting to go back to Miami.

I know Jeter and Bush are looking to buy the team, but thats not going to change too much, the fans in the stands and the teams ability to go crazy spending like the top payroll teams to. Miami market dictates what they can spend.

5 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I think Bryce Harper WANTS to be a Yankee.   I thought I remember a quote of his stating that was something he always wanted to do.   Maybe I'm not remembering that properly, though.

I have no doubt that Harper was a Yankees fan growing up.  He's a noted front-running Cowboys fan and grew up in Vegas where they don't have a baseball team.  Of course he was a Yankees fan.  

The Nats didn't flinch at giving Scherzer and Stras 200 mil.  They will pay up for Bryce.  If Bryce leaves it will be of his own volition.  Not because the Nationals couldn't pay him.  

We are not necessarily in that same situation.  Manny was probably a Yankees fan growing up too considering ARod was his idol.  

Just now, ChuckS said:

I have no doubt that Harper was a Yankees fan growing up.  He's a noted front-running Cowboys fan and grew up in Vegas who doesn't have a baseball team.  Of course he was a Yankees fan.  

The Nats didn't flinch at giving Scherzer and Stras 200 mil.  They will pay up for Bryce.  If Bryce leaves it will be of his own volition.  Not because the Nationals couldn't pay him.  

We are not necessarily in that same situation.  Manny was probably a Yankees fan growing up too considering ARod was his idol.  

I dont think it matters where you go up, when I was growing up, boys idolized about being a Yankee, inspite of wearing Orioles Orange and going to Yankee games, it was something magical about those Yankee Pinstripes.

3 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

I have no doubt that Harper was a Yankees fan growing up.  He's a noted front-running Cowboys fan and grew up in Vegas where they don't have a baseball team.  Of course he was a Yankees fan.  

The older Harper stories, from back when he was HS and JC, definitely state that he grew up a Yankees fan.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

I will too. But it won't in NY for $400m.

Whoever signs Manny should basically expect to get the same player he's been the last couple of years.    Paying a guy more doesn't inflate his statistics.   He's not a top 10 offensive player, but he's a top 10 overall player, and that's what a team should be paying him to be.    

Archived