Could Manny Machado Leave For The Yankees?

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

They won today. Two out 3 run HR by Gardner, they aren't this good. Cubs I was hoping would help us out.

I know. Just got a text on how clutch the Yankees are. 

I don't believe they can continue to win this way, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that they remind me of the Yankees teams of years past that were great at late inning comebacks.

1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I don't believe they can continue to win this way, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that they remind me of the Yankees teams of years past that were great at late inning comebacks.

This time of year, I just worry how we're doing, without regard to other teams.    17-10 is a 102-60 pace.    Do that and we won't be worrying about other teams in September.  

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Whoever signs Manny should basically expect to get the same player he's been the last couple of years.    Paying a guy more doesn't inflate his statistics.   He's not a top 10 offensive player, but he's a top 10 overall player, and that's what a team should be paying him to be.    

I'm talking about what fans will expect, not the team signing him 

2 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I would tell your friend that he shouldn't be too enamored with the Yankees "clutch" skills. They didn't have to face Wade Davis or CJ Edwards in that save situation because there were both unavailable, so they got Hector Rondon who can't throw sliders for a strike.

Archived