Still winning, with a "bad" team

Bahama O's Fan

Orioles, winning by smoke and mirrors since 2012. Again this week, I heard a sportscaster saying something like they always say the O's should be at the bottom and yet they are winning. At what point do people realize it's not just luck or anything else, but good coaching and good players?

2 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

The Orioles have been winning by smoke and mirrors since 2012. Again this week, I heard a sportscaster saying something like they always say the O's should be at the bottom of their division, and yet they are winning. At what point do people realize that it's not just luck or anything else, but good coaching and good players?

o

About 15 years after the fact.

o

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2017 at 8:45 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

o

The Orioles have been winning by smoke and mirrors since 2012. Again this week, I heard a sportscaster saying something like they always say the O's should be at the bottom of their division, and yet they are winning. At what point do people realize that it's not just luck or anything else, but good coaching and good players?

o

On 4/16/2017 at 11:35 AM, OFFNY said:

o

About 15 years after the fact.

o

o

Same as It Ever was, the Orioles are Off to a Better Start than the Pundits

(By Peter Schmuck)

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bal-schmuck-same-as-it-ever-was-orioles-are-off-to-a-better-start-than-the-pundits-20170425-story.html

o

6 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Without Everything Clicking, the Orioles are Playing .700 Baseball

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2017/04/without-everything-clicking-the-orioles-are-playing-700-baseball.html

o

I see stats like those in the bottom of the article regarding the minor league teams and wonder... are they all performing above expectations in a small sample size?  I hear how bad our farm teams are, but it sounds like there may be some life down there that could help in the future.  I mean, we may not have any superstars, but it kind of feels like there might be some talent down there.  I don't know enough about the farm teams to have an informed opinion.  It's just interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived