TT: Would you have believed if I told you?

Tony-OH

It's an excellent summary.    Tony, as you point out, it's not like we have half the team playing over their heads.  We're just finding ways to win games.   One stat I heard on the broadcast last night -- the O's have only lost two games where they had the lead at any point in the game.    That's pretty incredible.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It's an excellent summary.    Tony, as you point out, it's not like we have half the team playing over their heads.  We're just finding ways to win games.   One stat I heard on the broadcast last night -- the O's have only lost two games where they had the lead at any point in the game.    That's pretty incredible.

The Game that Shall Not Be Mentioned and the Sunday opener with Miley pitching and the DOD/defensive meltdown late.  Interesting that both of those games were against the same team.

Just now, schittenden said:

The Game that Shall Not Be Mentioned and the Sunday opener with Miley pitching and the DOD/defensive meltdown late.  Painful that both of those games were against the same team.

Fixed that for you.

o

I would have believed almost all of it (if not all of it), because it is still very early in the season.

Now if all of those trends continue through early-to-mid August, THEN I will indeed be very surprised.

o

29 minutes ago, dan-O said:

Good post. Couple of other names not included: Jayson Aquino and Tyler Wilson who both beat the Red Sox.

I think overall, the extra depth pitchers have really been what's kept the season afloat so far. It's really been something watch them all slot in and pitch well. That and Bundy, really.

I think that this is a good point.  Despite what the final cumulative stats may say, Bleier's effort after the Gausman ejection and Wilson's start the next day were so huge.  Look at what we did after that and think of where we'd be if those guys couldn't get those 40 outs.

Archived