This Has Been The Least Enjoyable Stretch In A Long Time.

ORIOLE33

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team is structurally unsound and the injury to Britton has been completely catastrophic.   It is pretty clear that Britton's unworldly dominance hid the other pen weaknesses which are now fully exposed.  I am pessimistic about the remainder of the year as all of the starting pitching is awful with little signs of improving outside of Bundy who was not good today.  One out of five in the rotation pitching well is a quick recipe for tumbling down the standings.  I believe the high point of our season has likely already been reached and that this group could well play under .500 the rest of the season which will lead to decision making about whether to rebuild/trade Manny and other pieces if we are seriously out of it come later in the season.   

Yeah I can't remember the last time we gave up 45 runs in a 7 game stretch.  What was it 10-15 years,   Oh wait last year we gave 57 runs in a 7 game stretch.  49 over 7 games another time,  58 another time last year as well. 

1 minute ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah I can't remember the last time we gave up 45 runs in a 7 game stretch.  What was it 10-15 years,   Oh wait last year we gave 57 runs in a 7 game stretch.  49 over 7 games another time,  58 another time last year as well. 

51 another time last year as well. 

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Good memory. 

An ugly reminder that we have been pretty spoiled the past few years...but there's always been some real bummer weeks sprinkled in here and there. The horrible Astros series. Horrible trips to the west coast highlighted by the A's kicking O's butt. A miserable Twins series or two. Some horrific trips to Toronto. This is a very frustrating week or two, but there have been others sprinkled in the past few seasons. 

9 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Excellent!

22 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Is Roger McDowell still the pitching coach?j/k.Is Wieters still calling lousy games?The bullpen should not just implode. Some talent but a bad regression lately.Good thing they are coming home.13-3.Have not been a good road team since Buck has been here 

46-35 on the road in both 2012 and 2014.

12 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The real issue is how often they give up multi-run leads. No lead is safe lately. That's what's so frustrating.

On 5/18/2017 at 4:05 PM, ORIOLE33 said:

The real issue is how often they give up multi-run leads. No lead is safe lately. That's what's so frustrating.

It would be hard to go back to past years and ferret out data on that.   However, we've blown 7 leads this year, 1/4 through the season. Last year we blew leads 28 times.    So, we haven't blown a ton of leads, though we've definitely blown some big ones.

(When I say we've blown 7 leads, I mean we've lost 7 games where we had the lead at some point.   I'm sure there are some games we won where we blew a lead and still won, like the first game of the Tigers series where we blew 2 leads of 3+ runs but eventually came out on top.)

Hey, remember back in the "Good Old Days" when we blew leads, our manager was stubborn and our fan base freaked out in May, calling for the end of days? Chill out, it's may. You all need to relax. We're going to lose games, we're going to win games. There are 162 in a season. Calm down. 

Archived