Was It Over When The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor?

TonySoprano

As this team has shown us over the years, it's never as good as it seems, or as bad.  

Well, I think the ship gets turned around this week.  A "Frobby jinx" can only last so long.   This situation absolutely requires us to kick our division rivals in the teeth.

When the going gets tough....???  The tough get going.  Who's with me?

NSFW -

3 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

As this team has shown us over the years, it's never as good as it seems, or as bad.  

Well, I think the ship gets turned around this week.  A "Frobby jinx" can only last so long.   This situation absolutely requires us to kick our division rivals in the teeth.

NSFW -

Tony is 100% to blame for the following.  He said it, it is now in my head and so I unleash it on the rest of you.

I take cold comfort in the fact that we have a better record than the Cubs who just got swept by the Dodgers.  Their fans are pinning their hopes on some pitching coach fixing Jake Arrieta and Jason Heyward continuing his torrid opt out year, 0.743 OPS pace. 

We have time to get it together.  This same bunch, more or less,.....perhaps less..... has done it before. 

To think this all started with Asher and Brach blowing what was a 6-2, two outs in the eighth inning lead  against the gNats...

I'm hoping that this week they remember how they played against the A.L. East earlier this season, and play that way again.

1 hour ago, TonySoprano said:

NSFW -

It will be interesting to see how many supporters of besieged-by-the-Germans Delta house turn out during the upcoming homestand. I'm pretty sure Greg, Doug, Chip, Mandy, Babs and a few thousand of their pals from Omega house will be there in pinstripes over the next few days.

22 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I wouldnt dare tread on this positive and upbeat post.Im with all of you, but can I be with you... and still worried???

Of course.  We know that you would be worried that Price Waterhouse had made an error adding up the standings while waiting for the World Series victory parade to start.

6 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Sir, I watched in horror as my Orioles lost in FIVE games to the Mets! THE METS ... in 1969. We were the Orioles and they were the Mets ... and we won Game 1. I was looking for parking at this point for the World Series parade.

Then we were ahead 3-1 in the World Series twice, and the Orioles lost 'em both.

I've seen The Yankees humiliate our hopes ... Jeter, that Meier kid ... whatever ...

I'm mostly more scar tissue than muscle now.

I wouldn't exist if not for worrying.

o

The Orioles only lost one World Series in which they were up 3 games to 1.

In 1970 and 1983, the beat the Reds and the Phillies, respectively.

In 1979, they lost to the Pirates.

o

3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

When the going gets tough....???  The tough get 

46 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I wouldnt dare tread on this positive and upbeat post.Im with all of you, but can I be with you... and still worried???

Don't stop him now, he's on a roll. 

10 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Orioles only lost one World Series in which they were up 3 games to 1.

In 1970 and 1983, the beat the Reds and the Phillies, respectively.

In 1979, they lost to the Pirates.

o

I cope by half the time clearly remembering that we won the '79 series. Of course, the other half of the time I wake up in the middle of the night to the memory of the jeering taunts from my Gettysburg cousins.

Archived