Call me crazy...

...but my alarm is set for 3AM for the draft tomorrow morning. :eek: Should I just stay up till 3 or set the alarm?? At any rate, heres hoping for:

- Smoak

- T. Beckham

- Hosmer

I may need a Bloody Mary or something

...but my alarm is set for 3AM for the draft tomorrow morning. :eek: Should I just stay up till 3 or set the alarm?? At any rate, heres hoping for:

- Smoak

- T. Beckham

- Hosmer

It's gotta be hard being in Japan... dunno how to answer the alarm question, but I like your list. Go O's!

That's just a small list. I really don't think Alvarez slips to four, or he's the number 1. I like you Greg, I am very high on Hosmer. I really would like if we draft him but I see him going on the 6-10 range.

If I hear Matusz on draft day to the O's, I may cry then go back to bed.:angryfire:

I would rather see some positional talent drafted @ #4.

That's just a small list. I really don't think Alvarez slips to four, or he's the number 1. I like you Greg, I am very high on Hosmer. I really would like if we draft him but I see him going on the 6-10 range.

If I hear Matusz on draft day to the O's, I may cry then go back to bed.:angryfire:

Almost everyone has him an Oriole. :o

- Smoak

- T. Beckham

- Hosmer

Maybe you can earn some extra money, scouting for the Orioles. :)

Yeah, it would be awful drafting the best pitcher it the draft. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, whoever we get at #4 is almost certainly going to be a good prospect. I'm shooting for Alvarez, but he'll probably go #2. I'm really undecided between T. Beckham, Smoak, and Matusz. I will be happy with any of them.

Ya know its funny,

Sometimes I go to the local fields where HS kids play and just watch and hangout. Baseball is huge here. Cities shut down, and everyone is at the games.

If you have MLB team apparel on and wander around the backstop, many think you're an MLB scout. If you have a clipboard, and chew the wax on the end of your sunglasses, that usually seals the deal!!

Knowing marginal Japanese doesn't really help though.

Yeah, it would be awful drafting the best pitcher it the draft. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, whoever we get at #4 is almost certainly going to be a good prospect. I'm shooting for Alvarez, but he'll probably go #2. I'm really undecided between T. Beckham, Smoak, and Matusz. I will be happy with any of them.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset. I would rather draft positional talent at 1.4. IMHO, that is our biggest need right now.

Oh don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be upset. I would rather draft positional talent at 1.4. IMHO, that is our biggest need right now.

I'd prefer a positional player, but we need to go BPA. MacPhail's philosophy - which I agree with - is get all the talent you can, regardless of position, and sort it out later. If Matusz is there at #4 and the O's think he's the best player on the board, then we should take him.

I will be leaving work early to watch the draft...Who else is doing that?

Well I dont work until 4 pm, but I will wake up in time for the draft. As bad as it sounds, I tend to sleep til about 2 pm. I actually want to be up and ready to pay attention to the draft.

Call me crazy…

- Smoak

- T. Beckham

- Hosmer

Well I dont work until 4 pm, but I will wake up in time for the draft. As bad as it sounds, I tend to sleep til about 2 pm. I actually want to be up and ready to pay attention to the draft.
Will the real crazy please stand up? :D

Archived