Can the Orioles lose 100 this year?

Uli2001

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, billw76 said:

I say no, but with the way the team is playing, winning another 28 games might be real tough.

I think that if the pitching we are seeing now is the same until the end of the year, absolutely it's a possibility. 

15 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

If they play 325 ball the rest of the year, they would finish at 63-99.

The hot start will likely save them the embarrassment of losing 100 games, not that this is a big victory.

Even if they transform from a dysfunctional team with anemic pitching to a likely but modest scenario as middling streaky team that plays .500 the rest of the way, they still are below .500 for the year. Not even sniffing the 2nd Willd Card. I don't see how the team patches this up without making a final destructive mortgage (or second mortgage) on the future. Time to retool. I love so many of the guys on this team, but it's time to face the music.   

I challenge the team to win 20 games in the rest of the season. This means they won't, because every challenge the Orioles are expected to step up and tackle, they end up failing completely and utterly instead.

Quick, someone challenge them to win another game this season! That way we can go down in the record books as having the worst season in MLB history by going 35-127! We'd also set a record that could probably not be broken by any other team in the future ever, except maybe the Orioles, for losing streak, runs surrendered, walks surrendered, consecutive strikeouts, etc.

Garbage thread.  Of course they're not going to lose 100 games.  Look, they have a lot of issues and are struggling at right around .500.  But at 37-38, they'd have to go 25-62 over the rest of the season, a .287 winning percentage.  That's just completely illogical to speculate that it's even possible.  Think if it this way, to get there, they'd have to go 21-30 over their next 51 games (which is possible, though I don't think they'll be that bad over their next 51), and then would have to duplicate the infamous 4-32 stretch from the early 2000's.  Is it possible?  Mathematically, sure.  Is it likely, or even probable? NFW.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:24 AM, Roy Firestone said:

There will be no second half resurgence. No comeback. The team doesn't have it. That is all.

Don't know about resurgence but the team will do better than you think. They are not this bad.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It is far more likely that the O's will finish over .500 than it is that they'll lose 100 games.    

o

I agree.

I think that there is about a 25-40% chance that the Orioles will finish over .500, especially if they continue to hover around the .500 mark between now and the trading deadline.

I think that there is about a 10-15% chance that they will finish with 100 or more losses.

o

Archived