Who Is Most Valuable Oriole Of Season's First Half?

PressBoxOnline

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's easily answered, it's Bundy.

I wanted to say Trey but he's one bright spot of several on offense (Schoop and Beef and Adam at times contributing.) Bundy has been the one solid contributor among pitchers. Bundy it is.

rWAR

Bundy 2.2

Mancini 1.9

Schoop 1.5

Bundy has made all his starts

Mancini has played 61 of 75 games

Schoop has played 73 of 75 games.

Mancini has been average at every defensive position, Schoop has been well below average (-10 DRS) at 2B.

26 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Or when we re-sign Manny and move him to SS and Mountcastle comes up at 2B.

Thats my vote too. But I do not think Manny is signable for the O's. Schoop to third makes a lot of sense, Mountcastle at second does too. I think we need a good young Shortstop coming back in the fire sale.

If Schoop or Mancini weren't performing the way they have, it would have weakened the offense but I think we'd have lost only a couple wins off our total.

If Bundy wasn't performing the way he has, the ripple effect through the already destroyed bullpen would have been even greater, and I think we might have seen a whole bunch of our close wins turn into close losses or even blowout losses. The 9-7 record in Bundy's starts may not scream MVP, but the IP stat Frobby quoted has effects that last beyond just the games Bundy pitches.

Archived