Brach

glenn__davis

Man, he has just killed us this year.  I know closers are going to blow games, but just some of his "highlights"...

• Being the final guy who blew the 9-1 lead to the Yankees.  He obviously had some help on that one, but that was a killer.
  • The blown save to the Rays a few weeks back where we actually had a decent road trip and came home with a little momenum, and he blows a game with 2 outs and none on by walking a guy and then balking him over.
  • Tonight's game where the team battles back from an 8-0 lead, and he immediately gives it up.

Just awful losses, and he was directly responsible for all of them.  I know we're spoiled with Britton, but this is definitely an argument against the "anyone can be a closer" argument.

Brach is having a decent year just pitching in ninth is always exaggerated the results.  His number are almost same as last year.  His numbers are almost identical though and most of it was pitching in ninth innning  this year.  

54 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Man, he has just killed us this year.  I know closers are going to blow games, but just some of his "highlights"...

• Being the final guy who blew the 9-1 lead to the Yankees.  He obviously had some help on that one, but that was a killer.
  • The blown save to the Rays a few weeks back where we actually had a decent road trip and came home with a little momenum, and he blows a game with 2 outs and none on by walking a guy and then balking him over.
  • Tonight's game where the team battles back from an 8-0 lead, and he immediately gives it up.

Just awful losses, and he was directly responsible for all of them.  I know we're spoiled with Britton, but this is definitely an argument against the "anyone can be a closer" argument.

Mostly agree...he definitely doesn't have what it takes but there were a lot of contributors to those losses including tonight.  

6 hours ago, Surhoffan17 said:

Mostly agree...he definitely doesn't have what it takes but there were a lot of contributors to those losses including tonight.  

I tend to agree with this .... We have seen the defense be terrible at points while Hardy has been out. We watched Britton give up charged runs and hits on balls that should've been ruled errors.

i can remember a ball hit right at Tejada that he missed and it went into the outfield. The ball was ruled a hit and the runner scores as the ball gets to the outfield. Hardy makes that play 100/100 times and the inning is over. Plus the next hitter hits a bloop single for the next runner to score. Since it was incorrectly ruled a hit the pitcher is charged with another run.

11 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

There is another constant in your 1st and 3rd example and that is Gausman. Sure, Brach is the last guy to have the ball and that why he gets so much grief, but the fact of the matter is that this team is 5 under .500 and its all on the starting pitching. Brad Brach is the least of this teams worries.

Brach has been brilliant a lot of the time, but he's definitely picked the wrong times to give up his runs.    He really didn't look bad at all last night, either.     He made one bad pitch, and paid for it.    

We are very spoiled by what Britton has done the last few years.

Archived