Now we know who is gone....

Greg just posted his list in the big thread.

Melville is probably the best but I agree I think he'll be gone.

Scheppers is intriguing as always. Other than Ladendorf not much hitting there at this spot.

I'd actually look for the O's to snatch up Scheppers if he doesn't get taken in the 3 picks before us. Jordan has a history with the kid as he drafted him in the 29th round in 2005, so he obviously likes a lot about him.

The only pitchers I'd like to draft in round two would be Scheppers or Melville, but other than that I really want a guy like Ladendorf at this spot. I'd also like to take Chris Dominguez, 3b Louiseville, and Jordan Danks, OF UT, in the 3rd and 4th rounds if available.

I'd be shocked if we met Melville's price and Sheppers is a big risk with the second pick, IMO.

I like Carpenter with our second pick and expect there are going to be a lot of quality HS pitchers available in the third round.

I guess my team won't bat.

16 . Tim Melville, H.S. RHSP, 6' 5 -200, (MO) -- Coming into this season Melville ranked as the #1 HS hurler. After a subpar campaign scouts are a bit concerned. FB/Curve combo is very good, but he's in real danger of dropping below some of the other top HS arms.

47. IP> 3.00 ERA, 32 hits, 15 BB's, 72 K's

29 . Ross Seaton, HS RHSP, 6' 4 -200, (TX) -- Seaton has rocketed up draft boards this year after a jump in his FB from 88-89 to 91-93, touching 96. He is a polished starter with two quality curves and change coming from a great pitcher's body. May be as good a HS arm as any in the draft.

In 68 IP > 1.34 ERA, 40 hits, 7 BB's/110 K's!!

33 . *Kyle Lobstein, H.S. LHSP, 6' 3 -200, (AZ) -- The lefty is very projectable, drawing Chuck Finley comps.

9 GS, 42.1 IP, 1.32 ERA, 36 hits, 11 BB's, 75 K's

34 . Alex Meyer, H.S. RHSP, 6' 7 -195, (IN) -- The tall righty has a very projectable skill-set and could be a 1st rounder. Financial demands and apparent attitude issues may drive Meyer down.

29.1 IP> 1.19 ERA, 20 BB's, 56 K's

35 . Tanner Scheppers, College RHSP, 6' 4 -195, Fresno State -- A top ten selection before a serious shoulder issue. His status is still in question. Perhaps the best 'stuff' in the draft when healthy.

In 70.2 IP, 2.93 ERA, 54 hits, 34 BB's, 109 K's

40 . Zach Stewart, College Closer, 6' 1 -175, Texas Tech -- A low to mid nineties FB coupled with a sweet slider have the former starter featuring his best stuff as a closer. Inconsistent, but could be gone by early R2.

39 IP> 5.31 ERA, 44 hits, 19 BB's, 36 K's

41 . Tyler Ladendorf, JuCo SS, 6' -190, Howard (TX) -- The 20 year-old Juco star seems to have the total package as a bat and quality skills at SS. His somewhat funky swing worries scouts, but his JuCo numbers and power/speed skill-set are impressive. Can he stick at SS? That's up for debate, but 2B would be a good option if it's determined he can't.

168 AB's> .542 BA, 16 HR's, 82 RBI, 31 SB's

42 . *Robbie Ross, H.S. LHSP, 5' 11 -185 (KY) -- Ross is a bit on the smallish side, but big on stuff, out-dueling fellow highly rated lefties Brett DeVall and Nick Maronde. A low-nineties FB and two quality off-speed offerings thrown with polish and command mean that... Ross is a beast.

45 IP> 1.07 ERA, 22 hits, 6 BB's, 73 K's

43 . *Tim Murphy, College LHSP, UCLA -- The 6' 2 205 lefty is still learning to pitch, but offers an intriguing set of 4 pitches.

15 GS, 3 relief appearances, 102.1 IP, 3.34 ERA, 83 hits, 46 BB's, 111 K's, .227 BAA

63 . *Jay Austin, H.S. CF, 6' -180, (GA) -- Austin, among the fastest players in the draft, has showed scouts his ability to hit, which was all they were waiting to see. Outstanding athlete could be special, with 5 tools present.

.515 BA, 15 HR's, 43 RBI, with 26 stolen bases

Archived