Manny Machado turning the DP

Frobby

Is it just me, or has Manny turned about ten amazing DP's this season?    He's always been a great defender, but I feel like several of the DP's he's turned this year are among the best I've ever seen

Here's my favorite, from Monday: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.camdenchat.com/platform/amp/2017/7/24/16023086/manny-machado-jonathan-schoop-double-play-video

He made almost the same play last night, too.

God I so wish we could have both of them (Manny and Schoop) in Orioles uniforms for years to come.  I think Schoop will but I think Manny will be with another team.

Btw, I never saw Brooks except for a few highlights so I can't speak on that.  But Manny in 2013, man, I've never seen anyone play 3B better.  He was just otherworldly.  He still is very good but not at that level (bulked up of course for more offense).  

40 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is it just me, or has Manny turned about ten amazing DP's this season?    He's always been a great defender, but I feel like several of the DP's he's turned this year are among the best I've ever seen

Here's my favorite, from Monday: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.camdenchat.com/platform/amp/2017/7/24/16023086/manny-machado-jonathan-schoop-double-play-video

He made almost the same play last night, too.

I screamed so loud, my wife thought the house was on fire.  Outta this world!

He's among the few most gifted infielder I've seen. If Gausman can keep getting ground balls and we keep Britton, we really need to do all we can to lock him up. It's so easy for him, those aren't made by anyone else and who knows how many pitches they save. Manny is an investment in our pitching staff and you can see his plays fire up everyone else. Davis at first was brilliant last night himself. 

He makes tough plays look so easy at times. The play last night would be difficult for most 3B to get one out, but him and Schoop managed to turn a double play. The arms that him and Schoop have are unreal.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know the cost will be dear, but I don't want to see Manny Machado play for anyone else. He's going to settle down and hit again, and his glove is otherworldly.Lets SIGN MANNY,ASAP.

He'll hit like Beltre and field like Brooks. Maybe he'll get two HOF's:D

8 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I know the cost will be dear, but I don't want to see Manny Machado play for anyone else. He's going to settle down and hit again, and his glove is otherworldly.Lets SIGN MANNY,ASAP.

I sure wish the O's could keep him for years to come. But Angelos can't spend the money that Manny will want. Sure wish there was a way to do it. 

42 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Brooks and Belanger, and before that Aparicio, held down the left side pretty well.

To quote Mayo Smith, getting a ball between Brooks and Belanger was "like trying to throw a hamburger through a brick wall."

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

To quote Mayo Smith, getting a ball between Brooks and Belanger was "like trying to throw a hamburger through a brick wall."

Sure.  I barely remember watching Belanger when I was a child.  Offensively, though, oops.  I think Belanger might have three of the five worst swings I've seen in my life.  He had some swing and misses that were like they were part of an Indian rain dance ceremony.

10 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

Sure.  I barely remember watching Belanger when I was a child.  Offensively, though, oops.  I think Belanger might have three of the five worst swings I've seen in my life.  He had some swing and misses that were like they were part of an Indian rain dance ceremony.

He killed Nolan Ryan, though.  Just one of those weird things that are hard to figure.

Archived