TT: DD becomes a buyer at the trading deadline (2017)

Tony-OH

On 8/1/2017 at 0:23 PM, Tony-OH said:

see a guy who swings for the fences and will connect occasionally for a home run, but the extreme lack of doubles tells you about the frequency that he squares ball up (not often).  

Beckham just hit his sixth double since joining the Orioles, in 12 days with the team.   He'd hit 5 all year for Tampa.   

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Frobby said:

Beckham just hit his sixth double since joining the Orioles, in 12 days with the team.   He'd hit 5 all year for Tampa.   

He clearly has been amazing offensively since coming over. Hard to not like what we see, but it's still early. In the two starts since Tobias Myers went to Tampa, the recently turned 19-year old has allowed just three hits, no walks, and has struck out 17 in 10.2 IP. 

I still believe the Orioles were in no position to trade upsides arms and gotta believe they could have gotten Beckam without giving up Myers.

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He clearly has been amazing offensively since coming over. Hard to not like what we see, but it's still early. In the two starts since Tobias Myers went to Tampa, the recently turned 19-year old has allowed just three hits, no walks, and has struck out 17 in 10.2 IP. 

I still believe the Orioles were in no position to trade upsides arms and gotta believe they could have gotten Beckam without giving up Myers.

I believe Beckam would have been part of a roster crunch in Tampa in August. I like having him, but agree they can not afford to give away arms, no matter how far away from ML service they may be.

7 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

He's not a .500 hitter, he will commit a lot of errors, he'll be a really bad SS on  really bad Orioles teams. I fully expect Myers to be a stud. Great break for him getting to the Rays who know how to develop pitching

o

That's hardly a revelation, considering that there has never been a .500 hitter in the history of Major League baseball, and that the last .400 hitter was Ted Williams 3/4 of a century ago in 1941. 

Beckham was a .247 hitter in his still very young MLB career (791 Plate Appearances) prior to the Orioles acquiring him 2 weeks ago. If you want to assert that he is not a .300 hitter in spite of his torrid offensive outburst since the trade 2 weeks ago, and that he is actually closer to the .247 hitter that he was prior to said trade, that might be worth mentioning and discussing/debating.

o

• 10 months later...

Just revisiting this as I was curious about Tobias Myers.

His line is pretty good.   He's still 19 and in A ball (Delmarva equivalent) in the Rays system.

W - 9

L - 4

ERA  - 4.15

WHIP  - 1.471

BB/9 - 4.2 (way higher than his history)

K/9 - 8.0

IP - 69.0

He'd still look pretty good in our farm system.

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Just revisiting this as I was curious about Tobias Myers.

His line is pretty good.   He's still 19 and in A ball (Delmarva equivalent) in the Rays system.

W - 9

L - 4

ERA 4.15

WHIP 1.471

BB/9 4.2 (way higher than his history)

K/9 8.0

IP 69.0

He'd still look pretty good in our farm system.

You realize what seeing this thread title on the front page is doing to everybody before they see the date, right?

Archived