Santander

OriolesMagic83

Has that OBP tool which is a rare thing in the organization (both on the big league roster and in the minors). 

Look forward to seeing this kid in Baltimore next year.  Possibility they may not be able to send him down after 45 days due to him hitting too well.  Not expecting a Mancini situation, but I wouldn't be surprised.  With Hays and Mullins knocking on the door it could be an interesting dilemma. 

Need to find a way to move Davis or Trumbo even if it's for an equally poor contract (pitcher?).  We have a pending logjam at 1B/DH/OF that will need to be resolved somehow. 

Bowie Bats tonight:

BATTING
2B: Mountcastle (5, Brinley).
3B: Hays (2, Hill, T).
HR: Mullins (11, 1st inning off Hill, T, 0 on, 0 out); Santander 2 (4, 1st inning off Hill, T, 1 on, 1 out; 8th inning off Cordero, J, 0 on, 1 out); Stewart (16, 1st inning off Hill, T, 0 on, 1 out); Hays (11, 6th inning off Schepel, 3 on, 0 out).

41 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Seemed like only yesterday when people were moaning about our poor position player prospects. Now we don't know what to do with them we have so many.

That's why I didn't think selling meant we couldn't compete in 2018, nobody gives Hays, Santander or Mountcastle top 75 ratings, few give them top 99 ratings, but I think a case can be made for each being a top 25 offensive prospect, if not top 10 - 20.

7 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Has that OBP tool which is a rare thing in the organization (both on the big league roster and in the minors). 

Look forward to seeing this kid in Baltimore next year.  Possibility they may not be able to send him down after 45 days due to him hitting too well.  Not expecting a Mancini situation, but I wouldn't be surprised.  With Hays and Mullins knocking on the door it could be an interesting dilemma. 

Need to find a way to move Davis or Trumbo even if it's for an equally poor contract (pitcher?).  We have a pending logjam at 1B/DH/OF that will need to be resolved somehow. 

You could move Trumbo, never Davis. 

• Like 1

If I am dan I am calling the Giants and seeing if they will trade Him The shark for Trumbo.  He is owed an extra year and make more money so they may take the deal.  We would be paying Lot for middle of rotation pitcher but it opens spot for other players.

45 minutes ago, weams said:

You could move Trumbo, never Davis. 

Not that Angelos would ever allow it, but you don't think we could move Davis even if the Orioles ate the lions share of the contract? I'm talking almost a straight up give away. Ask a team to take the last 5 years of Davis' contract and be on the hook for about $30-40m, and they can have him for a fringe prospect in A-ball. Seriously, I would do it if it could be done.

30 minutes ago, Es4M11 said:

So is Long not a prospect? I don't know much about him, stats look pretty decent.

I was listing the guys with the most upside. Several here are high on Long, he's absolutely a prospect worth following, I find it a bit curious that a guy with his success (was an all star this year) wasn't listed on our top 30 prospects list. His FIP & xFIP are both excellent & he's a ground ball pitcher which makes me believe he's got a decent chance to contribute. At 24 he's not old for AA. He's got 94mph & two decent offspeed offerings. I don't think it would be particularly surprising if he's in the rotation next year. I'm fairly certain Tony likes him a lot.