OH PLUS Membership Giveaway! August 2017

allquixotic

The winners have been drawn!!!! They are:

Congratulations to the winners! You will soon have a 1 Year OH Plus membership starting Wednesday, August 16, 2017, and I will ask a moderator to PM you notifying you of your win!

Thank you to everyone who participated!

Evidence of the RANDOM.ORG Drawing that was completely random is available here for 5 years: https://www.random.org/draws/details/?draw=53790

(The winners were selected using a computer capable of producing extremely random numbers, which I have no control over. I simply submitted a request to the system to draw the winners on my behalf. Read the link above for more details.)

---------------------------------------------------------

(For posterity's sake, the original thread)

I would like to give away 1-Year OH Plus Membership to five lucky winners who are at least semi-active contributors to OH but for whatever reason have not purchased Plus (or let it lapse).

Nominees who meet a set of criteria (see below) will be randomly selected by assigning each qualifying nominee a number, and then picking five numbers at random. The OH Staff will award each winner an OH Plus membership!

Dates:

Nominations open on Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at the time this post goes up.

It ends on Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern. Submissions after this time will not be considered.

The winners will be selected and announced on Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at a time convenient for me (sorry, I am human :$).

To qualify:

1. Contestant must be an OH member who registered prior to July 1, 2017, account is not suspended, and reputation score is at least +3.

2. Contestant must have at least 50 forum posts (replies or new threads, doesn't matter, they count the same) dated prior to August 1, 2017.

3. Contestant must have logged in to OH forums within 14 days of the contest start date.

4. Contestant must not be a current Plus member (prior Plus members who lapsed their subscription still qualify).

5. Contestant must be an active participant (not just reader) in the forums during the 2017 Orioles Regular Season, as determined qualitatively by me alone. To give you an idea of my criteria: someone who has posted once in the 2017 season would not qualify, but someone who's posted about two posts a week during the early season, took a vacation mid-summer, and has posted 20 posts in the past 2 weeks would definitely qualify.

Nomination Process:

Reply to this post with the following:

1. Link to forum profile of nominee, or just write "Self" if you're nominating yourself.

2. If nominating self: Brief description of why you enjoy participating in the OH boards (this will not be used to bias the chances of the nominee winning, as the drawing is random) // If nominating other: Brief description of your (hopefully positive) experience with this other person on the OH boards.

3. Copy and paste this: "The contestant nominated in this post meets all qualification criteria to the best of my knowledge."

You may nominate someone else, or yourself. If nominating someone else, link to their profile, please!

Update: Each person can only nominate a maximum of 2 people (including themselves, if they are not a Plus member).

Winner Drawing Process:

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017, I will edit this original post containing a list of all forum members who were nominated and qualified as a contestant, along with the list of winners. The winners will be drawn at random using the random number generator at https://random.orgIn short: qualifying for the drawing is subjective, but winners will be randomly selected.

Weams has informed me that he will work out a way to manually award a 1-Year Plus Membership to each winner at the conclusion of the contest. I will arrange PayPal payment of the full price of all five subscriptions in one transaction ($125 USD) to the owners of OriolesHangout.

Qualifying Contestants:

If your name appears in the below list, I have entered you into the random drawing. Good luck!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, scarey1999 said:

Self.

Love the OH forums.  Especially the minor league board. So much great info!

"The contestant nominated in this post meets all qualification criteria to the best of my knowledge."

Added your name into the hat. Good luck!

Archived