June 11: Birds at Fenway

Why Not?

Appeals are heard by John McHale Jr., baseball's executive vice president of administration. Not an arbitrator per se.

The MLBPA must have put a bunch of dilatory measures into the appeal process when negotiating the CBA because it's pretty much a joke. How long can it take to examine an appeal when every single game is recorded on multiple cameras and you get game reports from four on site umpires?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice' date=' I've stumbled on a classic episode of the Brian Roberts Show. Maybe in the next sketch he'll hit one of those line drives.[/quote']"The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual Sorry ladies.:laughlol:

Great, more great plays that Baseball Tonight will NOT show because they'll be too busy being up the RS, Stankee, and Cubs behinds (aka, where they don't acknowledge anything else in baseball). :cussing:

The Reds-Cards game can end anytime now. :(

BTW-It would be REAL nice if the Idiot could start his suspension on Friday so he's unavailable for the Reds-RS series this weekend. *halo* ;)

Maybe the first one will make it. Millar made it a little comedy skit by throwing the ball back to Roberts over toward 2B while he was still on his knees so Brian had to dive to the other side and came up laughing his head off. Since it was funny and involves a former Red Sock and a current one getting robbed it might just make the web gems.

The MLBPA must have put a bunch of dilatory measures into the appeal process when negotiating the CBA because it's pretty much a joke. How long can it take to examine an appeal when every single game is recorded on multiple cameras and you get game reports from four on site umpires?

Oh, I betcha the teams like it too.

It probably helps managers more than it does players.

BTW, props for "dilatory" ;-)

Maybe the first one will make it. Millar made it a little comedy skit by throwing the ball back to Roberts over toward 2B while he was still on his knees so Brian had to dive to the other side and came up laughing his head off. Since it was funny and involves a former Red Sock and a current one getting robbed it might just make the web gems.

LOL! That sounds amusing and I definitely need to laugh tonight. ;)

Blueberry-Re: Looper...I think its the cocky smile he's been giving every single time he's been on the mound tonight and listening to the Reds announcers give him all these props when he's really not that good. Let's see how he pitches when he doesn't get some of the best run support in major league baseball. He started the game with a FIVE run lead! ANYONE can pitch with that sort of lead. Ugh, I'm glad he thinks he's so hot because he's got a lot of Reds fans ready to run him over with a car right now. :angryfire:

"The typical metrosexual is a young man with money to spend, living in or within easy reach of a metropolis – because that's where all the best shops, clubs, gyms and hairdressers are. He might be officially gay, straight or bisexual, but this is utterly immaterial because he has clearly taken himself as his own love object and pleasure as his sexual preference. Particular professions, such as modeling, waiting tables, media, pop music and, nowadays, sport, seem to attract them but, truth be told, like male vanity products and herpes, they're pretty much everywhere"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual Sorry ladies.:laughlol:

This is why it drove me crazy when I was a TA and had to deal with students trying to quote Wikipedia in college level papers. The whole point of metrosexual is that the guy is heterosexual (you know, what it rhymes with) but seems kind of gay in terms of hair, clothing, etc. Basically, just a guy who isn't too hung up on gender stereotypes to put some effort into his appearance.

My favorite use of the word by far, though, was Howard Dean calling himself a metrosexual to an audience of women during his presidential campaign. This is a guy who infamously likes to buy suits at Sears and when the get so old that people tell him he needs a new suit put them through the washer and dryer and go back to wearing them. He was trying to say that he was sensitive to women's issues and wasn't exactly hip to what was then a cutting edge word.

What you posted belongs in the Wikipedia entry under "Brady Anderson." ;)

Archived