June 11: Birds at Fenway

Why Not?

This is why it drove me crazy when I was a TA and had to deal with students trying to quote Wikipedia in college level papers. The whole point of metrosexual is that the guy is heterosexual (you know, what it rhymes with) but seems kind of gay in terms of hair, clothing, etc. Basically, just a guy who isn't too hung up on gender stereotypes to put some effort into his appearance.

My favorite use of the word by far, though, was Howard Dean calling himself a metrosexual to an audience of women during his presidential campaign. This is a guy who infamously likes to buy suits at Sears and when the get so old that people tell him he needs a new suit put them through the washer and dryer and go back to wearing them. He was trying to say that he was sensitive to women's issues and wasn't exactly hip to what was then a cutting edge word.

What you posted belongs in the Wikipedia entry under "Brady Anderson." ;)

I always thought Brian and Brady were brothers under the skin. There must be a reason Cindy is so taken with both.:scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought Sarfate's wife was just due this past Sunday? That would only make her about three days overdue and not a week and a half. Poor woman! :eek:

I was born a full 3 weeks late and by caesarean. My mom just commented last week that she suspected Sarfate's baby would be late if it's the first kid.

I was born a full 3 weeks late and by caesarean. My mom just commented last week that she suspected Sarfate's baby would be late if it's the first kid.

I was three weeks late too and they actually had to induce my mom because I just wasn't ready to come out apparently, LOL :laughlol: I'm sure she's fine (especially if its their first) but with how hot its been the last week or so, I just hope she's been in the air conditioning more than outside! :eek:

I was three weeks late too and they actually had to induce my mom because I just wasn't ready to come out apparently, LOL :laughlol: I'm sure she's fine (especially if its their first) but with how hot its been the last week or so, I just hope she's been in the air conditioning more than outside! :eek:

No kidding. I was in Baltimore last weekend. It was brutal.

No kidding. I was in Baltimore last weekend. It was brutal.

It finally broke here this week and I've never been so thankful for the temperature to be hovering around 84 instead of 94. I felt like we went from May to August with no chance to prepare for it, LOL :laughlol:

What's the score again? I keep losing track. :eek:

Archived