Adam Jones Speaking out on Twitter.

Grt 2BA FL Gator

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, weams said:

Which young guys?

Let me preface this by saying I'd be ok for a fairly short term extension for Jones if he shifts to a COF position.

But I'm guessing he means Hays, Santander, Stewart, and Mullins who should all be ready by 2019 (obviously it's unlikely they all become average regular or better players). Mountcastle might be in the outfield by then and ready as well.

If Adam Jones is dissatisfied with the team that has paid him millions to play the game, then fine...play out the year and go see how many teams want an aging centerfielder to still be playing center.   

He owes his employer the respect to not berate him publically.  If I did it, I would be fired.  Adam Jones is not a fan.  He is not a paying customer.  We can call Angelos and Duquette whatever we want on Twitter or on a board.  We don’t get paid millions as an employee of Peter Angelos.   His tirade will make it that much easier to not overpay for a contract renewal that would primarily be based not on future ability but on sentimentality.   

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

I have heard Stewart is a better fielder than Mancini, so Yeah. I'd rather have Mancini at DH or 1B, but we have the two immovable objects there.

I think Trey is going to be one of the most improved outfielders in the major leagues this season.  

20 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

Let me preface this by saying I'd be ok for a fairly short term extension for Jones if he shifts to a COF position.

But I'm guessing he means Hays, Santander, Stewart, and Mullins who should all be ready by 2019 (obviously it's unlikely they all become average regular or better players). Mountcastle might be in the outfield by then and ready as well.

Nope. Hayes might be someone. Jones has been a superstar. You won't see one of him again anytime soon. 

19 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I think Trey is going to be one of the most improved outfielders in the major leagues this season.  

I'm fine with him in the OF. Unfortunatel, there are only 3 spots for Hays, Mullins, Mancini, Stewart, and Santander. So, someone is getting blocked and/or traded by Trumbo and Davis. 

I could get excited by an OF of Stewart, Mullins, and Hays with Mancini at 1B and Santander at DH. 

Archived