So What is the Plan for Starting Pitching?

backwardsk

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

Why is no one reporting this then? The Orioles will for sure finish in last place if Bundy is not able to make a bunch of starts.

Because weams is making things up that could happen, not reporting actual facts.    Bundy had a calcification behind his shoulder back in 2015.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

2015.   Bundy pitched all year for the Orioles in 2016.

Thanks. They do run together for me. There were rumors of it kicking up again last year. 

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-what-is-the-next-step-for-orioles-pitching-prospect-dylan-bundy-20151007-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-dylan-bundy-scratched-20170924-story.html

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Because weams is making things up that could happen, not reporting actual facts.    Bundy had a calcification behind his shoulder back in 2015.

Not making it up, just stating that health is relative for a pitcher. Bundy may or may not be healthy. Gausman too. 

38 minutes ago, joelala said:

He did in the minors, and it was apparently one of the most extreme cases Dr. James Andrews had ever seen.  I think weams was just speculating though.

Not even speculating. Just saying. Calcified shoulder might not be something that is ever really cured. Do we know?

5 minutes ago, weams said:

Not even speculating. Just saying. Calcified shoulder might not be something that is ever really cured. Do we know?

Very true. 

Here's a medical article about the condition, for anyone interested.  Seems like there are two different types, degenerative and reactive.  I'm not sure what Bundy had/has.

http://www.houstonmethodist.org/orthopedics/where-does-it-hurt/shoulder/calcific-tendonitis/

Looking at the MLB transactions page I think the Orioles have a plan and an answer.

Look at these important Orioles moves made on December 14th:

Baltimore Orioles claimed RHP Pedro Araujo off waivers from Myrtle Beach Pelicans.

Baltimore Orioles signed free agent RHP Michael Kelly.

Baltimore Orioles claimed LHP Nestor Cortes off waivers from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

O's to the World Series. xD At this point you can only laugh. 

2 hours ago, Nite said:

The rotation will consist of 4 guys to start the year. A 5th will be added at some point. We will see at least 3 other guys get a start before the All Star break. Who these guys names are doesn't matter, their combined ERA will be around 5... What do I win?

That would be a major improvement on Tillman, Ubaldo, and Miley.

2 hours ago, Nite said:

The rotation will consist of 4 guys to start the year. A 5th will be added at some point. We will see at least 3 other guys get a start before the All Star break. Who these guys names are doesn't matter, their combined ERA will be around 5... What do I win?

I'd be shocked if the O's started the season with a 4-man rotation, unless they plan to have Bundy and Gausman making starts on three days' rest, which would be dumb.

Archived