So What is the Plan for Starting Pitching?

backwardsk

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

Sp who gets signed first? Ubaldo.Tilman or Miley? Do two get a major league contract and one a minor league deal with a chance in the majors? It has been slow so far for the Orioles news.

I think Miley for sure gets an MLB deal. Tillman might get one if a team thinks they can fix him. Ubaldo I think is a minor league deal with incentives.

25 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wonder how serious we were about letting Britton start this year?  I have to think right now that Ynoa, Cortes, Mesa and Castro are going to get looks as starters. 

And I'd be fine with any of them getting a shot in the rotation, if they commit to rebuilding and trade Machado.   '

The alternative to rebuilding is to keep Machado and make one more push, but realistically the O's would need to sign two front line starters to be serious contenders, and that's going to take more money and years than Peter Angelos is willing to commit to a starting pitcher.  Andrew Cashner and Jason Vargas do not move the needle enough.

Is it February yet?  That’s when we usually splash around in FA. This market has been really slow. Especially with SP.  The top guys are still out there.  

It seems to be a flooded market with the Marlins firesale, KC guys, and lots of big name position players available via trade. 

It’s allowed DD to dangle Machado for a month and it really hasn’t cost us too many FA SP. The slow pace has allowed DD some flexibility. At least I hope. But we really need some moves to happen so the bottom tier starting pitching will feel pressure to take our lowball offers.

Gotta think that SD will probably sign 2-3 SPs on one year prove it deals, and then we get the “best”available. 

Typical Orioles style....wait, then wait, then wait.   As slow as the market has been, this will push the Orioles decision making probably into March rather than usual February.   We still have only 2 starting pitchers...wake me up if we ever have any more. 

27 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Typical Orioles style....wait, then wait, then wait.   As slow as the market has been, this will push the Orioles decision making probably into March rather than usual February.   We still have only 2 starting pitchers...wake me up if we ever have any more. 

Don't overlook Cortes, he really looks like DD got something there, of course, we need to see him in ST.

Archived