Dan talking "offers and physicals" with a RF target

interloper

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 2/10 ish deal for Dyson would be entirely reasonable. I would be all for a deal like that. Dyson has no issue at all be used in a part time role, sitting against the tough lefties. His defense is excellent in CF. Hits LH, very disruptive on the bases, great defense. I like Jon Jay too, but Jay will cost more for sure. And he does not pressure defenses when on the bases like Dyson does, or cover ground in the OF like Dyson does.

20 minutes ago, theobird said:

A 2/10 ish deal for Dyson would be entirely reasonable. I would be all for a deal like that. Dyson has no issue at all be used in a part time role, sitting against the tough lefties. His defense is excellent in CF. Hits LH, very disruptive on the bases, great defense. I like Jon Jay too, but Jay will cost more for sure. And he does not pressure defenses when on the bases like Dyson does, or cover ground in the OF like Dyson does.

May gets on base. Last year .374 OBP.!

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

At the beginning of the offseason, Fangraphs’ crowdsourcing project settled on 2/$16 mm for Dyson, while Dave Cameron guessed 2/$22 mm.     Obviously the market has developed differently than expected, but I still think 2/$10 mm is conservative for Dyson and wildcard’s guess is far off base.   

The  only reason I can see  for the O's to sign Dyson for 2 years is if they are sending a message to Adam that they don't want him back in 2019.   The O's have Hays and Mullins.   Hays is probably coming this year.  Mullins something during the year or next year.   Mullins is  a switch hitting center fielder that does not hit left handed pitching.  Just like Dyson.   

So if Mancini, Hays, Mullins and Dyson  are on the 2019 team then where is the room for Adam?   

I can see signing Dyson for one year and letting Mullins develop more.   Whether the O's pay Dyson 3m or 5m depends on how much the O's think he will play.   They got Mancini, Jones and Hays.   Who sits to give Dyson playing time.   Dyson would be a good defensive replacement for Mancini is left late in games.   He would give Jones days off in center when needed.   I don't want Hays sitting to give playing time to Dyson.  Dyson is a safety net in right if Hays in not ready at the beginning for the season.     I say 3m a year but I would not argue with 5m if that is where that O's want to go.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The  only reason I can see  for the O's to sign Dyson for 2 years is if they are sending a message to Adam that they don't want him back in 2019.   The O's have Hays and Mullins.   Hays is probably coming this year.  Mullins something during the year or next year.   Mullins is  a switch hitting center fielder that does not hit left handed pitching.  Just like Dyson.   

So if Mancini, Hays, Mullins and Dyson  are on the 2019 team then where is the room for Adam?   

I can see signing Dyson for one year and letting Mullins develop more.   Whether the O's pay Dyson 3m or 5m depends on how much the O's think he will play.   They got Mancini, Jones and Hays.   Who sits to give Dyson playing time.   Dyson would be a good defensive replacement for Mancini is left late in games.   He would give Jones days off in center when needed.   I don't want Hays sitting to give playing time to Dyson.  Dyson is a safety net in right if Hays in not ready at the beginning for the season.     I say 3m a year but I would not argue with 5m if that is where that O's want to go.

The playing time would work itself out.  With Dyson (or Jay), you have a backup for 5 positions (Mancini backing up 1B and DH).  So, in essence, you have six guys to cover five positions.  The chances of all six guys being healthy and available for all 162 games is slim.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Some other team will value Dyson more highly than $5 mm, in my opinion.   

To me the big question is, do you commit to Hays or not?    That’s a tough call.    Personally I’d prefer to get Santander his 44 days on the roster, leave Hays in the minors at least that long, and then decide if Hays is ready.    In that case, Jay or Dyson would be a nice addition.    

Just now, Frobby said:

To me the big question is, do you commit to Hays or not?    That’s a tough call.    Personally I’d prefer to get Santander his 44 days on the roster, leave Hays in the minors at least that long, and then decide if Hays is ready.    In that case, Jay or Dyson would be a nice addition.    

What if Hays tears up ST?  You send him down anyway?

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Even if they fail to get an OFer, keeping Hays down until they get an extra year is the right move.  Imagine how better off they'd be if they had that extra year of Schoop.

Archived