Buck Showalter seems agitated....

foxfield

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, El Gordo said:

I'd hardly call a guy entering his age 29 season after putting up a 118 OPS+ season aging.

Sure, Moustakas is 29 today...

IF we are losing Manny, IF we are losing Britton, IF we are losing AJ, IF we don't have a manager, or a GM....I just dont see the value of a 3B that will be good for 2-3 years.  But you know of course that he is aging and of course more importantly...he doesn't pitch.

Dont want to argue though...sure IF Manny plays SS and Moustakas is at 3b, that could be nice...still not winning

And that draft pick......

25 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

If I recall correctly Cafardo wrote a piece that the Orioles like Machado at SS better than Beckham because he will handle a more significant amount of chances that otherwise will go as base hits. The big question becomes: does Machado wear down over the course of a season playing such a demanding position as SS?

I still question the move if Beckham is going to be the SS once Manny leaves. 

14 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Sure, Moustakas is 29 today...

IF we are losing Manny, IF we are losing Britton, IF we are losing AJ, IF we don't have a manager, or a GM....I just dont see the value of a 3B that will be good for 2-3 years.  But you know of course that he is aging and of course more importantly...he doesn't pitch.

Dont want to argue though...sure IF Manny plays SS and Moustakas is at 3b, that could be nice...still not winning

And that draft pick......

So who do you like for 3B in 2019? We 'll need one and we don't have any young non aging 3B of any not in the system. I guess we can hope Mountcastle can play there.

3 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

So who do you like for 3B in 2019? We 'll need one and we don't have any young non aging 3B of any not in the system. I guess we can hope Mountcastle can play there.

Yes, we will need one.  I am fine today saying Mountcastle.  He may not, but he is at least in the system.   If we are opening up 2019 the list of needs is quite long.   Again, Moustakas is LH, so that is a plus and in fairness that is a pretty big need if the team is really going for it....Just seems to me that this is a move that screams "should have done this last year".

12 minutes ago, foxfield said:

Yes, we will need one.  I am fine today saying Mountcastle.  He may not, but he is at least in the system.   If we are opening up 2019 the list of needs is quite long.   Again, Moustakas is LH, so that is a plus and in fairness that is a pretty big need if the team is really going for it....Just seems to me that this is a move that screams "should have done this last year".

He wasn't a FA last year.

1 hour ago, Il BuonO said:

So, next season they move him back there after Machado leaves? They bring J.J. out of retirement? They move Mountcastle back there? I hear Sisco played SS in HS.

I don't know what the answer is, but Beckham does not blow me away defensively and I have to think there is a reason Tampa gave him away for a bag of balls. It's not like he has a lock on the position. Maybe they are talking to Moustakas, or sign a cheap one year guy like Brandon Phillips or Alcides Escobar. If we could find a buyer for Trumbo, I would love to try Beckham in LF and shift Mancini to DH.

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I don't know what the answer is, but Beckham does not blow me away defensively and I have to think there is a reason Tampa gave him away for a bag of balls. It's not like he has a lock on the position. Maybe they are talking to Moustakas, or sign a cheap one year guy like Brandon Phillips or Alcides Escobar. If we could find a buyer for Trumbo, I would love to try Beckham in LF and shift Mancini to DH.

Myers is not a bag of balls.

I would love to have Moustakis on a 4 year deal, his age 29,30,31 and 32 seasons. His power lefty bat would play up huge in OPACY and the AL east. If he comes in at a reasonable contract like 4/50 ish, its a no brainer to me. And that applies if they trade manny or not. Of course we still need pitching, but we also need to improve this lineup if "going for it" is really the goal.

2 minutes ago, theobird said:

I would love to have Moustakis on a 4 year deal, his age 29,30,31 and 32 seasons. His power lefty bat would play up huge in OPACY and the AL east. If he comes in at a reasonable contract like 4/50 ish, its a no brainer to me. And that applies if they trade manny or not. Of course we still need pitching, but we also need to improve this lineup if "going for it" is really the goal.

isnt Boras his agent? Im guessing he'll want 6 years at top dollar whatever that is. 

Archived