Moves to Make You Feel Positive About THIS Season

Bahama O's Fan

I'd be relatively happy if we sign a starting pitcher that can slot in behind Bundy and Gausman. I think the offense won't take on any significant contracts (i.e., more than two years or $20MM).  I could see us taking Carlos Gonzalez on a one-year $8-$10MM deal.  But the starting pitching is the glaring weakness.  We have to make at least ONE move, right?  Right?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, jjnono said:

I'd be relatively happy if we sign a starting pitcher that can slot in behind Bundy and Gausman. I think the offense won't take on any significant contracts (i.e., more than two years or $20MM).  I could see us taking Carlos Gonzalez on a one-year $8-$10MM deal.  But the starting pitching is the glaring weakness.  We have to make at least ONE move, right?  Right?

I'm not opposed to a Cargo deal, but wouldn't be jumping up and down for joy either. The way I see it, we not only have to make at least one move, we MUST make at least two in the rotation.

3 hours ago, jjnono said:

I think CarGo is a great fit. You'd have a lineup of Beckham/Machado/Schoop/Gonzalez/Jones/Davis/Trumbo/Mancini/Joseph. That's a lineup that can win you games.

I'm fairly confident the O's sign Tillman and another starter. If everyone plays up to their potential, that's a playoff-caliber team, in my opinion. Everyone is way too gloom-and-doom!

2 minutes ago, theocean said:

I think CarGo is a great fit. You'd have a lineup of Beckham/Machado/Schoop/Gonzalez/Jones/Davis/Trumbo/Mancini/Joseph. That's a lineup that can win you games.

I'm fairly confident the O's sign Tillman and another starter. If everyone plays up to their potential, that's a playoff-caliber team, in my opinion. Everyone is way too gloom-and-doom!

Well Dan hasn't overpaid in years and AAV for a masher yet so maybe he wants to keep his streak alive.

22 minutes ago, theocean said:

I like Jay. Good OBP, good RF, who can play all OF positions. Good splits both ways.

Archived