Moves to Make You Feel Positive About THIS Season

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Since the offseason began, I optimistically and realistically thought Cobb and Lynn. This was before I knew about no more four year deals for pitchers.

It doesn't look like any teams want to give either 4 years so I wouldn't rule them out.

52 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What moves would Dan have to make for you to feel positive about this upcoming season's results and entice you to watch more of Orioles baseball?

I don't know if he can. Not that I can watch O's baseball. But what has or is going on with this FO has burned me out. 

I don’t think there is a move that would make me feel positive. Anything making this team better would be an overpay.

What this team lacks is timely decision making. This offseason is directly affected by choices made over the last three seasons and we haven’t made enough good ones.

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What moves would Dan have to make for you to feel positive about this upcoming season's results and entice you to watch more of Orioles baseball?

If Dan resigned, that move would give me hope. He is currently in the process of ruining this franchise.

2 hours ago, Mitch Connor said:

If Dan resigned, that move would give me hope. He is currently in the process of ruining this franchise.

Yeah, we need to get somebody in here as a GM that will heed the owners wishes to pay posting fees to bring in top Japanese players, sign top Latin American prospects, and sign top free agent SPs to 4- and 5-year contracts.  Tired of DD taking it upon himself to refuse to do these things.

3 hours ago, Mitch Connor said:

I disagree, it's Angelos that is doing that. He has final say in any big moves, FA signings, trades, signing big money foreign players, etc, etc. Until he changes, one of the sons controls the team, or he sells it, I don't think any GM will be any different here.

Honestly I really don't think there is much he can do to give me hope for this season. I think we missed our window to get the best return on any trade assets we have, and that window will close soon on Schoop too. I'd like to be wrong but I just don't think Castro, Cortes or whoever fills out the rotation will be good enough to make this team competitive in 18. If we are not competitive, I can only hope we make smart decisions at the deadline and get some return to speed up the rebuilding process.

Honestly, as clunky as the roster is, I'd be okay going in with our offense as is, put Hays and Sisco on the roster and go. As all have said, it's the rotation.

For me to think we have a chance, the minimum is two quality starting pitchers and another arm or two to throw at the wall for the fifth spot/extra depth. Of the two quality starting pitchers, one should come from the Cobb/Lynn tandem.

15 hours ago, Number5 said:

Yeah, we need to get somebody in here as a GM that will heed the owners wishes to pay posting fees to bring in top Japanese players, sign top Latin American prospects, and sign top free agent SPs to 4- and 5-year contracts.  Tired of DD taking it upon himself to refuse to do these things.

Ha! Well said. 

Nothing like being a GM with entire avenues of talent acquisition unavailable to you.

Archived