TT: Could the Orioles be Prepping to be Sold?

Tony-OH

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or could it be that nobody knows who's in charge?  Our GM and Manager are both lame ducks, and I wonder if Brady Anderson's presence confuses them as to what the chain of command is and what their authority is.  And for all we know, we may have a senile owner who's sending enough mixed signals to confuse the entire front office.    

I don't know.

This sounds like Angelos just being Angelos.

We know he dislikes rebuilding, feels it is cheating the fanbase.

We know he isn't willing to give the type of contracts that lure high end starters.

We know he has a desire to "win" that boarders on the perverse.  That could explain how Britton and Machado were both taken off the market when the deals were not deemed sufficient.

We know he is risk adverse which could explain the inactivity with the 2019 potential free agents.  He seeking more information, about their performance, team performance, attendance...

As for Buck and Dan, I don't know how much they want to be back and if they would return for a rebuild if that turns out to be inevitable.

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Depressing time to be an Orioles fan.

Something HAS to be up for this kind of gross negligence to be occurring.

Why? Change of ownership could be the best thing that happens to the O's, and would actually explain what appears to be bizarre behavior by the front office.

They do seem to be going the being sold play book route. However, where they are in the process you would assume an announcement or leak would have happened by now. That way a new group would have the team control with enough time to evaluate who to bring back in the front office going forwards. 

The next two weeks will be telling. If they're still content to open the season with this roster and haven't made a sell announcement then I'm officially lost as to what they are doing.

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Why? Change of ownership could be the best thing that happens to the O's, and would actually explain what appears to be bizarre behavior by the front office.

I'm just not accustomed to being this cynical on the first day of Spring Training, I guess. Even when they were pathetic, I was glad baseball was starting back up. This year.... I legitimately don't care. It's a weird feeling.

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm just not accustomed to being this cynical on the first day of Spring Training, I guess. Even when they were pathetic, I was glad baseball was starting back up. This year.... I legitimately don't care. It's a weird feeling.

How long have you been here on this website? This is how it normally looks like, only this year we're more impatient. 

Archived